Vol 5 Part 7

(3rd Person POV)

The dinner table was abuzz as the currently present members of Team RWBY and the remaining members of Team JNPR all talked over each other indistinctly. The mood was quite cheery, with the children all smiling and laughing, Yang currently laughing at Jaune's misfortune.

Yang: How do you lose your map at a time like that?

Jaune: Believe me, I've asked myself the same thing ever since.

Yang, Weiss, and Ruby laughed, while Jaune smiled and giggled sheepishly.

Nora: Hey, but you made up for it, Mister Muscles! You shoulda seen this guy take a giant Grimm head on!

Jaune: I couldn't have done it without Ruby wearing it down.

Ruby: Uh, me? Did you see Ren during that fight? He was out of control!

Ren: I'm sorry, I may have lost my temper momentarily.

Ruby: No, no! Out of control as in "awesome"!

Ren: Oooohhh.

He smiled at her.

Ren: Thank you.

Everyone at the table bursted into laughter.

As dinner continued, Weiss told her story about how she accidentally summoned a Boarbatusk during the Schnee charity ball, Ruby gasping.

Ruby: You did not!

Weiss had her face in her hands, embarrassed.

Weiss: Yeah, right in the middle of the party.

Yang: Please tell me you let that lady have it.

Weiss: Of course not! Even if I did really want to.

Nora crossed her arms, skeptical at Weiss' story.

Nora: No way, I don't believe it.

Weiss summoned her Boarbatusk right next to Nora. The Grimm summon growled, causing Nora to yelp and fall to her side. Weiss, Yang, Jaune and Ren all laughed at her.

As dinner nearly finished, Yang showed off her robotic prosthetic arm to the rest of the group. All of them reacted in awe.

Yang: It's not a replacement for the real thing, but I'll make sure to make good use of it.

Jaune: That's amazing.

Ren: Incredible.

Ruby got all starry-eyed and quickly zoomed over to her sister's side to admire her arm, holding Yang's arm up to look at it.

Ruby: And it's just as strong?

Yang: Hm, sure is.

Suddenly, they heard a bang on the table. Nora had her arm out ready to arm wrestle.

Nora: Wanna bet?

Weiss: Nora, please, now's not the time...

Despite Weiss' protest, Yang and Nora arm wrestled. Jaune and Ren cheered on Nora while Ruby cheered on for her sister, as Weiss looked on disdainfully.

Jaune: Don't let her beat you! You can do it! Come on!

Ren: You can do this! Show 'em what Team JNPR's made of!

Ruby: C'mon, sis! Aw, you can't lose to a girl in a skirt!

Weiss: You wear a skirt, Ruby.

Ruby: Weiss, you're not cheering loud enough!