Vol 7 Part 5

(Your POV)

You walked through the streets of Mantle, not a clear destination in mind. You just needed to clear your head, clear your thoughts after the huntsman announcement. You had left the suit back in your room at Atlas, instead wearing the parka.

You looked up at the shattered moon, appreciating it more that there was a backstory behind it. There was a reason... everything seemed to be tied to the Gods, Salem and Ozma, huh?

Your finger brushed against the ring as you played with your fingers, and you brought it up higher in your gaze, looking at the symbol on it.

This wasn't yours... you weren't a Rose, you didn't belong with them. You were different, an outcast from the rest. Born to Qrow an...

Qrow.

How long had it been? The end of the Battle of Haven. 

Qrow: We'll talk later, when it's just the two of us. I promise I'll tell you anything.

Of course. Of course that would come true. You waited, waited for that time to come, and nothing happened. 

You had asked on the train when you two were alone... Nothing.

You had asked on Brunswick Farms at night when everyone else was asleep... Nothing. Weiss snuck out, you brought her back, and he was drunk out of his mind. When he woke up and went to get more... Nothing.

It seemed nothing would ever come of it. Perhaps years later he would say something. Perhaps when this was all over, but maybe you would be dead.

You sighed, looking away from the street view. You pulled your hood up, lowered your head, and started walking down the sidewalk, trying to ignore the outside world.

You looked around, seeing no one following you, and you ducked into the nearby alley, making your way down it, escaping the view of others.

You ducked under a chain-link fence, pushing it back as you made your way further down. 

As you made your way into the open area, you grabbed a dumpster, dragging it over to a lower wall than the rest.

You took a step back and jumped on top of the dumpster, before leaping off of the wall, grabbing onto the ledge, before pulling yourself up.

You stepped forward, but then stopped as you saw the collapsed ceiling of the building. You looked to the side, taking a running start as you ran along the wall, pushing yourself off and grabbing a metal shutter that had jutted out of a window, swinging down onto the other side, rolling as you hit the ground.

You walked forward, moving across the rooftop, hearing a loud noise. You quickly turned, drawing your pistol, pointing it at the noise. However, it was only a noisy AC, and you put your pistol behind your back. 

You continued along, dropping down onto another rooftop, looking up at the entrance. You thought back to the old days, remembering the route.

You jumped up to the next level, before running on a small ledge, and kicking off of the wall to scale to another platform. You then ran along the platform, jumping onto the cage of a ladder, climbing up until you got into the room, looking around.

Qrow: Took you long enough.

You quickly created a dagger, hurling it behind you at the voice.

When you turned Qrow was standing in the same place, however the dagger was in the wall, having not disturbed him.

(Y/N): Are you finally going to talk or are you going to run away again?

Qrow: It's not that simple, kid.