Vol 2 Part 10

(A/N: Thanks for 100+ votes. Also 5K reads.)

(Your POV)

You were sitting at a table with Ruby, both resting. You were still tired from the events of the night before, and you got back to Beacon super early in the morning. After the talk with Ozpin, you had gone straight back to bed.

(Y/N): You know, when I got back I didn't think I would be sitting here and doing nothing all day.

Ruby: Yeah, it's not the most exciting thing we've done this year.

(Y/N): All of the fights were a lot more exciting.

Ruby nodded before resting her head back down on the table. Suddenly Weiss slammed her palms on the table, showing two pallets of color. You looked up and saw that Weiss was smiling, which was actually a nice change of pace.

Weiss: I need you to pick a tablecloth.

She slid two squares over to Ruby, both seeming to be similar shades of white.

Ruby: Aren't they both the same?

Weiss: I don't even know why I asked! (Y/N) help!

(Y/N): The one on the left.

Weiss: Really? I thought the one on the right looked better...

(Y/N): The one on the right.

Weiss: Very well. I'm pleased that you agreed with me.

Weiss walked away as Yang came in carrying a massive sound speaker on her shoulder to which she dropped on the ground. Yang brushed her hands as she approached the two of you.

Yang: So, have you picked out a dress yet?

Ruby: What's the point? Who cares about the dance if Blake isn't going?

Yang: Oh, don't worry; she's going.

Yang suddenly looked over at Weiss.

Yang: Weiss! I thought we agreed: No doilies!

Weiss walked up to Yang, pointing in her face.

Weiss: If I don't get doilies, you don't get fog machines!

The girls were interrupted by the sound of doors opening. Neptune, Sun and Edel walked in, talking. Edel turned around, facing the boys as they walked towards you holding his hands out to the sky, away from his body.

Neptune: Your dance is gonna have fog machines?

Edel: I don't know a good dance that doesn't have fog machines.

Neptune: Me neither. Everyone knows that.

Weiss stepped up to Neptune, becoming sweet in a moment.

Weiss: We were thinking about it...

Neptune: That's pretty cool.

Neptune and Edel snickered to each other, high-fiving each other.

It was nice to see Edel seem at least somewhat better since your last encounter. You didn't have enough time to talk to him before you had to leave after the fight with Pyrrha. It threw you off though... he seemed so destroyed after the incident.

Sun walked past the two, trying to act cool.

Sun: You ladies all excited for dress-up?

Ruby: Pfft... Yeah, right!

Yang: Laugh all you want. I'll be turning heads tomorrow night!

Weiss then addressed Sun, Neptune, and Edel, trying to turn the tables on them.