Vol 7 Part 9

(Your POV)

Weiss was holding an invitation to a banquet hall at the Schnee Manor.

Weiss: Only my father would turn a hostile takeover into a fluffy PR move.

In their dorm room at Atlas Academy, Weiss was sitting in a circle with you, Ruby, Oscar, Yang and Blake. She, Ruby and Oscar were sitting in chairs, Blake and Yang were sitting on Weiss' bed, and you were leaning against the wall, your mind racing with your developing theory on Arthur Watts and having to revert to your old ways of thinking.

Ruby: On the news, he said he just wanted to break bread and hash things out. Maybe it won't be so bad? We do want the General to start opening up to these people, right?

Oscar: Yeah, but on his terms. Ironwood's going to be locked in a room at his rival's own dinner party. I know Jacques says he's happy to moderate, but all that really means is he'll be the one controlling the conversation.

Blake: Not hard to imagine how that's gonna play out.

Weiss: I still can't believe he won. Robyn was supposed to be the people's champion, wasn't she? There's just too many coincidences.

That was another thing you hadn't considered. Of course the ideas you were developing were new, but that would make perfect sense. This Arthur Watts was working with Salem, and he made sure that Jacques won.

Your theory about the people voting for Jacques made sense on the surface level, but there were too many things that didn't fit. You started with a premise and tried to make it work, not the other way around.

Yang: You really think your dad might have something to do with Salem?

Weiss: I think my father would do whatever it takes to win.

Ruby: And we should do the same.

Weiss: Meaning...?

Ruby: Well, no one knows your dad better than you, and out of everyone going tonight, I'd say you're the only one who could snoop around the house and not be questioned. If Jacques Schnee is up to something, I think we should know what it is.

Weiss thought about it for a moment, then gained a somewhat determined look.

An Atlas Broadcast News airship hovered in the night sky above the Schnee Manor. Four hover cars drove along the driveway loop and came to a stop in front of the manor. While you, Ruby, Weiss, Yang and Qrow got out of your car, you looked to see Jaune and Oscar standing nearby, having already exited their car. 

The Ace Operatives exited another of the cars, and Ironwood stepped out of the fourth car with Winter. Penny got out of the other side of Ironwood's car.

Ironwood: Suppose we should smile for the cameras?

Winter: Sir, with all due respect, you'd have to pay me.

Ironwood smiled in amusement from Winter's response, and the two headed to the front door of the manor. Weiss stopped and took a deep breath before following them. Everyone gathered at the door, and Ironwood rang the bell. The double doors opened to reveal Whitley.

Whitley: Good evening, everyone.

Weiss: Where's Klein?

Whitley responded with a sarcastic smile and somewhat dramatic poses.

Whitley: What an interesting way to say "Hello, dear brother, how have you been?"

He crossed his arms and continued to address Weiss with a frown.

Whitley: I'm afraid you won't find him here. He was let go. I can't imagine why.

Whitley smirked, and upon realizing what he meant, Weiss gasped and looked guilty.