Vol 2 Part 7

(Your POV)

Pyrrha was in the locker room, getting ready. For the upcoming tournament, Glynda was doing extra combat and training situations. For the next battle, with a team from Beacon gone, it seemed that you had been volunteered by the majority.

Glynda approved merely because of you being on a singular team, and not having anyone else to fight alongside. You wouldn't be participating in the tournament, but Ozpin had said something about someone coming in to help.

As you were already out on the stage, you noticed people exchanging bets. The rules for the fight were easy. There was a fight set between certain people, and after five minutes, the student with the lowest Aura was considered the loser. If at any time, one of the fighters were reduced to red Aura, then they would immediately lose.

You looked towards the crowd, your eyes landing on Blake. Blake still seemed to not be totally right since that night against Torchwick last semester. It had only gotten worse since that night against Torchwick and Neo.

Neo.

After the incident a few days ago with Edel, you still hadn't talked to Neo again. She seemed to disappear, and you hadn't got a chance to find out how to get to her.

Turning back to class, Pyrrha had finally begun to walk out. You could see her getting closer to the combat stage, from the long hallway towards the locker room. As she approached the stage, she summoned her sword and shield with her semblance.

She stepped into the center of the stage, her eyes landing on you. You studied each other, taking in each other's weapons and stances. Pyrrha was obviously going to be difficult. She was a champion fighter, and could switch her weapon from spear, to sword, to gun.

Ajax: She's at an advantage. She's been training to fight one on one battles. She's a duelist, learning form the teachings of The Old Master, and not a fighter like Ruby or Weiss who are more suited to be fighting with people or against large groups. While fighters like those can do well, it will be those like Pyrrha and Yang who will shine in the one on one fights.

(Y/N): Got any tips for fighting against the teachings of the greatest duelist ever?

Ajax: No.

Glynda: Begin.

Pyrrha rushed at you, changing her weapon to her spear. You had to be careful, her semblance would allow her to play some tricks. You pulled out your knives from your side, changing to pistols, before you fired a few shots.

She easily blocked them, continuing to close in on you. She slashed twice upwards, but with your semblance you deflected them, kicking her away. She fell down, from the hit to her gut, but quickly stood up and ran at you.

You suddenly heard a groan from behind you, and looked in the direction of the noise. Edel was whispering something to Mercury, who didn't look happy about what he was saying. It was good to see Edel talking again, but it was still unsettling.

Turning back to the fight, you immediately had to dodge, as Pyrrha's spear clipped a strap on your legs. You fell down, and heard a "Ooooh" from the crowd, but as she stabbed down with her spear, you rolled out of the way, and fired a few shots at her.

She easily dodged of course, but it distracted her enough, for you to get back up. She then jumped off the ground, and launched her spear at you, but you deflected it with your daggers, into the ground.

She then rolled over to her spear, picking it up, although you noticed she grabbed it from a few inches away. On the ground, she attempted to sweep you off your legs, but you were able to jump over it, and kick her hand, to which she uses her semblance to flick you away.