Vol 8 Part 13

(A/N: 80K reads, cool)

(Your POV)

You looked up at the portal that had appeared in front of you.

Then you looked at the ring in your hand, darker in color than the one that Ruby had.

Adam: She'll leave you.

You said nothing, but silently disagreed, not wanting to interact with him anymore.

Adam: You think that she won't? 

You again said nothing, now shutting him out.

You stood up, letting one hand fall to the amulet, as you grabbed it, stumbling out of the door, now alone in the manor.

You walked through the corridors, alone with your thoughts, your mind cleared for the first time in a while.

Whether it was Taurus who was now in your head, or the rushing thoughts about everything else that went on, it was fast, overwhelming.

You enjoyed the calm.

You, once again, looked down at the ring in your hand, staring down at the flaming rose that was on it.

You thought back to when they would have worn it. Summer or Edel.

Apparently they were friends, at least according to him. 

You wondered what she was like. You had only known Team STRQ, the legendary team. The best. The ones that the kids told stories about.

Maybe one day you would get your memories back, one day they would fully return to you. Maybe one day you could remember what Summer, what Tai was like. Maybe there would be good memories of Raven, maybe you wouldn't despise Qrow.

You sighed, slipping the darker ring on one finger, as you slipped down the wall, feeling pain in your legs.

You groaned, looking up at one of the paintings, a simple landscape of the tundra that was outside of Mantle.

It was nothing special, just a view of the land from a mountaintop. The northern lights spread over the night sky, illuminating the area beautifully.

Where was your home?

You had none. A traveler on the move. A lie that you had told others, had become your reality, had become your life.

You had no family, no people to go home to. What would you have done if your schooling at Beacon ended? Just become a Huntsman and live off of the rewards? Probably.

You looked up at Adam, who stared down at you.

Adam: You can't do anything from down there.

He held out his hand for you to take, but you put your hand on the heart, standing yourself up as you walked by him, back to where the portal would be in that room.

Adam: How are you going to protect her?

(Y/N): You heard her. She doesn't want me to.

Adam: And that's going to shape your decisions?

(Y/N): Yep. 

You heard him stop his movement before he walked behind you, his footsteps getting closer before he stopped in front of you.

Adam: And what happens when she gets hurt?

(Y/N): It doesn't matter. I don't want to lose her. If she asks something, I'm not going to say no. I can't. I need her.

With that you pushed past him, walking away, before you felt a hand on your shoulder, throwing you onto the ground.

Adam: And what happens when she dies?