Vol 2 Part 2

(3rd Person POV)

Ozpin, Glynda, and the Angel were watching Ironwood's fleet arrive at Beacon.

Glynda: Ironwood certainly loves bringing his work wherever he travels.

Angel: He feels the need to make a show of force. Too bad it has the opposite effect to what he thinks.

Ozpin: Well, running an academy and a military makes him a busy man. But yes, those are a bit of an eyesore.

A chirping beep sounded repeatedly. Ozpin turned to see a hollow-message "Access Requested" on his desk.

Ozpin: Come in.

The three turned to face the doors as they slid open to reveal Ironwood as Ozpin approached to greet him.

Ironwood: Ozpin!

Ozpin stood at attention.

Ozpin: Hello, General.

Ironwood: Please, drop the formalities.

The two shook hands in formalities.

Ironwood: It's been too long. Hello Ajax.

The Angel bowed his head in respect to the General.

Angel: Ironwood.

Ironwood: And Glynda! It has certainly been too long since we last met.

Glynda: Oh, James!

She gave a wave and then dropped all formalities.

Glynda: I'll be outside.

She walked away and towards the elevators.

Ironwood: Well, she hasn't changed a bit.

Ozpin turned to his desk, picking up a meg and a kettle, pouring.

Ozpin: So, what in the world has brought you all the way down from Atlas? Headmasters don't typically travel with their students, for the Vytal Festival.

He turned and offered the cup to Ironwood, and the one to the Angel.

Ironwood: Well, you know how much I love Vale this time of year.

Ironwood produced a canteen from his inside coat pocket and poured its contents into his mug.

Ironwood: Besides, with you hosting, I thought that this might be a good opportunity for us three to catch up.

Ozpin walked around to his desk, kettle and a new mug in hand, as he sat and poured himself some coffee.

Ozpin: I can certainly appreciate the quality time between friends, however, a small fleet outside my window has me concerned.

Ironwood: Well, concerned is what brought them here.

Ozpin: I understand that travel between kingdoms has become increasingly difficult.

Ironwood: Oz, you and I both know why I brought those men.

Ozpin took a drink and set down his mug.

Ozpin: We are in a time of peace. Shows of power like this are just going to give off the wrong impression.

Angel: General, this is scaring the general populous.

Ironwood: But if what Qrow said is true...

Ozpin: If what Qrow said is true, then we will handle it tactfully. It's the Vytal Festival. A time to celebrate unity and peace. So I suggest that you not scare people by transporting hundreds of soldiers halfway across the continent.