Vol 8 Part 10

(3rd Person POV)

Ironwood overlooked the City of Atlas from his office. Manta airships flew by. Someone cleared their throat.

Atlas Commander: Sir, we have confirmation that Doctor Watts has escaped military headquarters with the assistance of Cinder Fall. We do have Jacques Schnee in custody--

Ironwood: I don't give a damn about Jacques Schnee. What about the other two?

The pair of Atlas officers stood at attention with nervous looks on their faces. Sweat dripped down the side of the commander's face as she addressed the remaining prisoners statuses.

Atlas Commander: Sir, Branwen and Hill have... evaded capture.

Atlas soldiers were scouring the wreckage of Cinder's break-in to retrieve Watts. A soldier lifted up some debris revealing a crow, which flew into the air before transforming into Qrow, who tackled the soldier to the ground.

Atlas Commander: But we are monitoring every exit, so they must still be inside the compound.

Another soldier lifted up some debris, revealing Robyn. She lifted her head up as the soldier pointed his gun at her.

Atlas Soldier: Hands up! We're moving you to another--

As he said this, Qrow choked out a nearby soldier before bringing up his fist to punch the soldier holding Robyn at gunpoint.

Back in the office, Ironwood angrily slammed his left fist on his desk.

Ironwood: Damn it!

He huffed angrily before composing himself.

Ironwood: Search everywhere for them. Do not return to this office until you have Qrow Branwen in custody.

Atlas Commander: Of course, sir.

The pair of officers saluted before leaving. Ironwood turned around to look outside the large window again. He sighed as he brought his fingers up to his ear to talk into his commlink.

Ironwood: What's the status of our--

Suddenly, a series of bright flashes occurred outside his window, before a massive explosion engulfed Monstra. The explosion shined so bright as the light engulfed Ironwood's office.

Down on the battlefield, Winter led the charge as the Ace Operatives carried the bomb that was to blow up Monstra, before they were knocked back from the explosion.

At the Schnee Manor, Weiss entered her room carrying a plate of bread, soup and a drink, but she dropped it in shock upon seeing the bright explosion occurring outside her window. Nora and Klein also watched the explosion from the bedside.

The explosion further reached into the City of Atlas, knocking back and obliterating some Lancers. The entire area was engulfed in a bright light.

In the explosion's aftermath, Monstra was starting to dissipate. The morning sun shined through the particles of the slain Grimm. Through the dust, Neopolitan happily skipped away from the Grimm with the Relic of Knowledge in her possession.

(Your POV)

You coughed, straining to open your eyes, feeling like they would be shut forever.

You pushed yourself up with your hands, roughly rubbing a hand over your eyelid, forcing it open as you looked around.

The area was tinted a brownish-yellow color, with the sun peeping through, very similar to the sun in the Demonic realm.

You heard footsteps behind you, and turned, expecting to see Neo.

Instead Adam ran forward, holding his hand out, pulling you up onto your knees as you looked around at the destruction.