Vol 1 Part 10

(3rd Person POV)

???: Do you believe in destiny?

Pyrrha: No, I think th...

???: No, not the silly destiny, that is a predetermined fate, but your destiny is something that you work towards, something that you do for yourself. This is what destiny really is. So, do you?

The mist looked back to her, waiting for a response. Pyrrha nodded, as his description was what she believed in. He then bowed his head, still looking at her.

???: Remember that Beautiful Spartan.

All the students were crammed back into the auditorium like the first day of school. Students jammed packed in the walls, whispering among each other, about the latest development. Up on the stage sat Ajax, Professor Ozpin nowhere to be seen.

Suddenly the side door opened and out stepped Professors Ozpin and Goodwitch. Professor Ozpin stepped up to the mic, looking out to the students.

Ozpin: I once told you, that knowledge can only carry you so far. The events that took place earlier today, in my opinion, prove this statement. This creature that you witnessed, is not something that you could beat through understanding its weaknesses.

His eyes found Pyrrha and he stared intently.

Ozpin: Coming into contact with this creature is dangerous, and I hope that you understand this. If any team finds this creature, you will send a teacher your location, and retreat immediately.

Whispers, and talking broke out among the students, as they all turned to talk to their teams and friends.

Nora: Let's break its legs!

Ren: Nora, I'm not sure it had legs to break.

Weiss: How have we never seen a monster like that before?

Blake: I've never heard of something like that.

Yang: Me punching it did nothing.

Jaune: Are you okay?

Pyrrha turned to Jaune who was looking at her, with a worried look.

Pyrrha: I'm alright, thank you Jaune. Just lost in thought. I'm sorry to make you worried.

Jaune waved it off, smiling.

Jaune: Don't worry about it. That's what a leader should do.

He looked at her, eyes wide, and then looked around.

Jaune: Right?

Pyrrha: Yes Jaune. About what happened the other night...

Jaune: Pyrrha, I told you already I'm alright by myself.

Pyrrha: It's just, you're not spending time with...

Ozpin: The monster that we encountered today, was a... a...

Pyrrha had never seen Professor Ozpin struggle for words before. It was almost like he was struggling to come up with a solution.

Ajax: It's a new type of Grimm that we just discovered recently. We had it contained, as we were testing it for weaknesses, and other information to help fight it off. Unfortunately, as we exposed it to a certain dust, there was an explosion, which released it.

The students seemed content with it, but one spoke up.

Weiss: What type of dust was it, and why has no one ever seen it before?

Again, nervous chatter broke out, as students started to question the authoritative figures.

Ajax: Excellent questions Ms. Schnee. To answer your questions, it was gravity dust, which allowed it to take flight. We believe it may be able to absorb dust, but we're not sure. We're going to issue a warning to your father about dust.