Vol 5 Part 11

(Your POV)

The full moon illuminated the night sky above Haven Academy as you walked through the grounds, looking around in suspicion. 

On the school grounds, Qrow took the lead as the currently present members of Team RWBY, the remaining members of Team JNPR, Oscar, and you followed close behind. 

To your side, Ruby stopped and looked up to admire Haven's CCT tower, looking to you as you flashed a smile, one that she returned as she held out her hand. You smirked, grabbing her hand as the two of you followed the rest of the group to the nearby building.

You entered the building and the group was greeted by Leonardo Lionheart, who was standing on a terrace at the top of the stairs that was being held up by a statue of a woman in chains.

Lionheart: Why hello. Thank you for... coming.

He spoke nervously and you immediately fingered your hidden blade, taking your hand away from Ruby, who looked at you, confusion on her face, but you ignored her, ready to create a weapon.

Lionheart: There... seems to be more of you than last time.

He nervously chuckled, as you looked around, seeing a red eyed raven on a nearby railing, and you quickly turned around, feeling people's eyes on you, but ignoring them, as you took a step away from the larger group, a small ball of fire in your hand.

Qrow and the rest of the group stopped looking at you to look up at Lionheart.

Qrow: Eh, you know what they say, "The more the merrier". So what's going on with the council?

Lionheart: Why... Did you bring your weapons?

Qrow: What? Leo, we're Huntsmen. You okay?

Lionheart: Of course! Of course, sorry. Just haven't had my evening coffee.

You immediately turned around, stalking back to the rest of the group as they continued to converse.

Qrow: Look, it's nice to see you, but we got work to do. Are we getting support from the council or not?

While the two talk, Yang noticed from the corner of her eye a black bird perched on a balcony railing.

Yang: Mom?

Everyone turned their attention to the bird. It flew away just as Qrow shot at it, but he missed. The bird flew down behind Lionheart, transforming into Raven, donning her mask. Everyone glared at her.

Ruby: Raven...

Nora: They... they really are magic...

Raven now took her mask off.

Raven: If you're going to shoot me, shoot me. That was insulting.

Qrow: What are you doing here?

Raven walked down the stairs, looking at the group as you held your right hand behind your back, channeling magic into your hand.

Raven: I could ask you the same thing. You've been scheming, little brother. Planning to attack your own sister.

Qrow: Leo... what have you done?

Lionheart: I...

Raven: Leo did what any sane person would in his position - he looked at all the information he had in front of him, assessed the situation, and made a choice. And it seems you all have too.

Qrow was now angry, speaking to Raven.

Qrow: You have the Spring Maiden.

Raven: I do.