Vol 8 Part 11

(Your POV)

You stumbled up the steps, Adam supporting you as you looked up at the Schnee Manor, hearing and seeing nothing to alert to you that they were here.

(Y/N): Shit... Don't think they're here.

Adam: Let's get out of here then.

(Y/N): What?

You stopped your walk, looking at him. He quickly shoved you away, and you collapsed to the ground, shifting yourself to look up at him.

Adam: The Schnees have used the Faunus to get whatever they want. They exploited us, enslaved us, tortured us.

He gestured to the scar over his eye as he spoke, growing angrier and angrier.

Adam: I will not use the things that they got unfairly. That they hurt my people f...

(Y/N): Shut up. You sound like a fucking child.

Adam said nothing, storming over and grabbing you by the shirt, holding you in the air, as you groaned in pain from the quick movement.

You reached your hand back, trying to summon some sort of weapon...

But nothing.

Adam: And you sound like another piece of human filth. You sh...

Ruby: Who's there?

Adam glared at you, dropping you on the ground, as you groaned. You raised your head, but he was already gone, and you turned to where Ruby's voice was from, raising your hand up.

Ruby: Wh...

Ruby looked at you, a confused look on her face for a second.

(Y/N): Ru...

Suddenly she dashed towards you with her semblance, tackling and rolling you to the side, while you groaned, feeling the pain, but still embracing her.

(Y/N): Rubes, co...

Suddenly you felt a pair of lips on your own, and you returned the gesture, hugging her closer to you.

You groaned into the kiss as Ruby pulled away, the pain returning to you.

Ruby: What's wrong?

You motioned to your shirt, as you sat up, turning around. You pulled the back of it up, Ruby gasping as she saw the slash marks.

(Y/N): They're bleeding?

Ruby said nothing in response, but you felt a small hand brush across your lower back, where the marks were, and you hissed in pain.

(Y/N): Could you get help?

There was a pause for a moment, and you were confused, so you looked over your shoulder to Ruby, who had small tears escape, as she silently cried.

You slowly turned around, bringing her into a hug as you tried to calm her down. 

(Y/N): Rubes, I'm alright. I'm here now, I'm with you now.

Nothing seemed to calm her down, until she quickly dashed away towards the manor, using her semblance to get away, fast.

You sighed, looking at the escaping rose petals, pulling the ring from your pocket, looking at it, and thinking about what it meant.

You felt the urge to lie down, and you did so, looking up at the sky. It was beautiful, although perhaps it always was, and that you had little time to look up at it. You always seemed to be doing something else...