Vol 2 Part 6

(A/N: Thanks for 3K views!)

(Your POV)

As you made your way up to Beacon, you thought back to your vision from last semester of Beacon Academy in ruins. It wasn't like this, instead of the tower down, a giant section off to the side was destroyed.

It looked like a huge explosion, that could have fallen the tower if closer.

You ran into the smoking building, students running in the other direction. As it began harder to breathe due to the smoke, you were worried about what you could do.

Ajax: Say mask on, rather than helmet. I was looking at the blueprints, and when you were at Atlas last time, they gave you a little upgrade, with a secondary helmet, and then I confirmed it, when you had to get rid of your helmet last night.

(Y/N): Alright. Mask on.

A mask slid onto your face, and you looked in a reflective mirror that was broken. Rather than the helmet that you were accustomed to, it was a red mask, that had a skull lightly etched into the face, giving it depth.

This allowed for you to filter your breathing, as you ran deeper into the fray. It seemed to be stemming from the classrooms, which was lucky since it was the weekends. There would be few students there.

You helped a student up, who had fallen, lightly pushing them away from the center of the explosion.

You finally reached the epicenter, and saw Edel, his eyes flickering between an amber and dark brown, on his knees surrounded by Ozpin, Glynda, and Team CRDL. Ozpin was the only one standing, though supporting himself with his cane. He noticed you, and sighed, hurrying towards you.

(Y/N): What happened?

Ozpin: It's Mr. Ectrea's... semblance. Glynda and I managed to help to contain it but...

He gestured around, before moving to Edel.

Ozpin: Mr. Ectrea.

Edel just sat there, not responding, still looking down. This must be killing him.

(Y/N): Where is Ruby and the rest of them?

Ozpin motioned towards the combat room, which the front entrance had collapsed.

Ozpin: They were training when the incident occurred.

You were already gone, running against the door, shouting.

(Y/N): Clear out the way of the door.

You heard shuffling on the other side, and waited a moment before spraying the explosive gel on the doorframe. You backed up slightly, bracing for impact, and pressed the detonator. You had to jump out of the way, as your semblance warned you.

As soon as you landed, you dashed into the room, scanning for Ruby. It seemed most of them would be fine, with medical treatment... Wait. Where was Blake? You shook it off, and found Ruby.

Smoke had entered the room, clouding both vision and the air. You threw a grenade against the wall, blowing it out, so that the room could aerate. You ran towards Ruby, who had her leg crushed under a fallen pillar.

You quickly scanned the pillar, looking for the best way to help her. You shot a piece off, separating it, and then tried to lift it, but without the extra armor, you couldn't do so. Underneath, Ruby was coughing, her eyes still tightly shut.

(Y/N): Yang!

Yang stumbled over to you, her eyes shut. She was reaching around to try and find you. You gently grabbed onto her arm, and positioned them to where she could help you lift. You leaned to her ear, shouting into it.