Vol 6 Part 10

(Your POV)

You gently pushed the door open, closing it behind you as you walked in. You made your way through the living room, and looked up the stairs.

You breathed a sigh and continued through to the outside, opening the door back to the cold outside.

You stood there for a few moments, fighting back the flowing emotions as you knelt down on the ground, closing your eyes.

You felt the cool breeze hit your skin, letting your mind rest as you let the darkness, the negative thoughts flow away, disperse from you.

Renata: I'd like to ask you a question.

You whipped around, a pistol already pointed at her as she lounged on a chair, tilting her head at you.

Renata: Really? I thought of us as friends.

(Y/N): I'm not friends with you.

Renata: Such a shame.

Renata sat up from her chair, walking towards you as you made yourself not pull the trigger.

Renata: When you saw my past, I thought you realized how different I was before Salem. I thought you knew it wasn't me.

(Y/N): It's still you. Regardless of what you went through, you're the issue here. You tried to get me to take out Ruby's eyes and then tried to kill me at Haven Academy.

Renata: You seem not to understand the situation here. The world isn't just black and white. There are good reasons for evi...

(Y/N): That's a pretty pathetic excuse for wanting to gorge out someone's eyes.

Renata: If I wanted her dead I would have killed her myself. 

(Y/N): Yeah, still not quite sure why you didn't do that.

Renata: I thought it was quite obvious that I didn't want to kill her.

(Y/N): Yeah... obvious.

Renata: Perhaps I'm just a good actor.

(Y/N): Or you're full of shit.

Renata: Perfectly valid. But wrong nonetheless.

She sat up, and walked over to you, pressing the pistol against her forehead.

Renata: Can I ask my question now, love?

You gripped the gun tighter, your hand trembling slightly before you ripped it away, the weapon disappearing.

(Y/N): Fuck.

You walked away, not facing her.

Renata: It's a simple question rea...

(Y/N): Then just ask your goddamn question.

Renata said nothing for a moment, as you turned to face her. She seemed to have a hurt look on her face for a moment, but it was quickly replaced by her smirk again.

Renata: What do you think makes us human?

(Y/N): Seriously? I'm not here to talk about philosophy.

Renata: It's a serious question. What is the defining factor that makes us human? Is it being human? Then is Salem more of a human than Penny i... was. Is it having human emotions and compassion? Then surely Penny is more of a human than my dear brother, while she is still an android.

(Y/N): Is there a particular reason for this?

Renata let out an angelic laugh, you continuing to glare at her the entire time.