Vol 6 Part 3

(3rd Person POV)

A blue smoke appeared, revealing Salem staring from her window of the tower, her arms crossed. A woman humming could be heard in the background.

Jinn: Locked away by her cruel father, Salem was a girl who desired but one thing: freedom.

Salem walked away with sadness as Ruby watched her do so when Salem passed by her.

Jinn: She lived in a time when kings and their Kingdoms were plentiful, when men and women were capable of greatness, and magic was a gift from the Gods that all could wield.

Salem sat down and leaned against the vanity. She held her left hand, using her magic; four magical spheres with a magic circle in six basic colors appeared over her hand.

Jinn: And yet, there she sat within her tower.

As Salem looked down, the blue smoke reappeared and enveloped Salem. It reformed the castle Salem resided in.

Jinn: Until one day, a legendary hero came to brave the challenges within the tower's walls.

A young man in armor and a cape wielding a scepter appeared, standing proudly in front of the tower. Qrow could be seen walking up to him.

Jinn: The people of the lands knew him as Ozma.

Qrow waved his hand in front of Ozma's face, but the latter proceeded forward unfazed, simply phasing through Qrow's hand.

Jinn: Unlike those who had come before, this warrior was not driven by the prize of the young maiden's hand. He fought only for righteousness, and his pure heart and courageous soul prevailed.

As Ozma walked up to the tower, other warriors were shown falling in battle. Blue smoke reformed the scene once again, this time showing Ozma using his scepter to strike down a dark-armored figure. 

Ozma then opened up a door leading to Salem's room, where she stood up and offered a grateful smile to him. Blue smoke reformed the scene of them battling side by side with their magic powers.

Jinn: They escaped the wretched fortress, and yet something bound them together.

Smoke reformed the scene showing Ozma and Salem running away from the tower holding hands together. Once at a safe distance, the two stopped to catch their breath before looking to each other.

Jinn: Ozma had been ready to give his life for justice countless times, but now saw a woman worth saving it for. And Salem, to her surprise, found her freedom not in the outside world she had yearned for, but in the eyes of the man that had saved her.

Salem: So, where should we go now?

Ozma offered his hand to her.

Ozma: Wherever you'd like.

Jinn: The two fell deeply in love, planned adventures around the world, and lived happily ever after.

Smoke enveloped the environment around Ozma and Salem as the two held hands. The two disappeared into a bright light of white space.

Jinn: Or at least that's what should have been.

Smoke then reformed the scene showing Salem kneeling at an unconscious Ozma's bedside. Salem held Ozma's hand and could be heard sobbing.

(Y/N) walked on the other side of the bed, looking down at him.

Jinn: Ozma, the infallible hero of legend, fell ill. And where all the beasts and blades of the world had fallen short, a single sickness prevailed.

Ozma's body disappeared in smoke as Salem continued sobbing, holding his scepter in her hands. Weiss could be seen behind her watching, but didn't seem to notice (Y/N).