Vol 6 Part 12

(3rd Person POV)

Tears shone in her eyes.

Renata: I will never feel that way. Please, let us never talk of this again.

She ran a hand over her long blonde hair, as if attempting to straighten it. She moved to the door, but he caught her wrist to stop her, his eyes burned.

Aloysius: Please don't leave me.

Renata: I have to. I can't be near you right now.

She pulled out of his grasp and left his room. He stood there facing the door, unmoving, unthinking. Stunned by what had just happened.

She would turn her back on him and punish him for this. For showing her how he felt. For opening his heart in ways he'd never done with anyone.

Aloysius had always been a fool. A child. One who was easily beaten or abused by those who were larger or stronger or more powerful. All his life he'd endured so much pain and developed only a think mask to cover his true feelings. But masks could easily be removed and smashed with only a few words.

As of today, he was no longer a child. He had killed the girl - the one that made him think of her. When he killed her, he thought of Renata.

He had lost the one he loved more than any other - and she would never trust him as she had before. Nothing would be the same with Renata from this day forward. He'd destroyed that forever. And for a moment, all alone in his chambers, he clenched his fists at his sides and let himself cry over the loss of his beautiful sister and best friend.

Then his heart, now broken into a thousand pieces, slowly began to turn to ice...

At the Argus base, the Atlesian guards watched the screen as Caroline Cordovin's Colossus was seen trying to swipe at the airship Maria and Oscar were in.

Cordovin: You just couldn't keep this rivalry between us, could you, Calavera? You had to rope in children to fail with you!

The guards cheered on their boss as she fired another shot from the mech's arm cannon. Unbeknownst to them, a red dot appeared on one of the radar's screens approaching Argus.

Back at the cliffside, Ruby was still holding onto Crescent Rose for dear life. Oscar noticed this from the airship.

Oscar: Ruby!

Ruby eventually made her back up to the top of the cliff by using Crescent Rose's blade to climb back up. She regrouped with Weiss, Ren, and Qrow, Oscar calling in over comms.

Oscar: Ruby, can you hear me? Are you guys okay?

Ruby: Are we okay?

Oscar: I know, we were supposed to lay low, but listen! I think I finally found a weakness!

Nora: Well, we're all ears.

Ruby and her friends noticed Nora helping Jaune over.

Ren: Guys!

Ren ran over to his teammates.

Oscar: The cylinder on Cordo's cannon rotates and locks in a giant Dust cartridge every time she changes attack styles.

Weiss: We noticed.

Oscar: Right, but her missile launcher doesn't lock in, it pops out! Without her shields, one well-placed shot could detonate the missiles while they're still in the launcher!

Jaune: We could destroy the entire cannon... Oscar, that's brilliant!

Nora: Can you... make that kind of shot?