Vol 4 Part 2

(3rd Person POV)

Weiss walked down a long, carpeted hallway of blue, white and grey. Columns protruded from the walls were decorated with back sconces and lit candles.

Paintings of nature were hung in a pattern between the columns, alternating. There was the occasional cushioned chair or round table, presumably for coffee, placed along the walls.

She continued her walk along an upper level balcony above a large dining hall. A white and green floral centerpiece decorated the white-clothed table, presenting a change of color. Ever column both above and below bared a sconce, but the candles were not lit, unlike the others.

Beside Weiss on the balcony were large arch-shaped openings with white gauze curtains. Through one of the curtains, a crystal chandelier was hanging in another room. There was a shut, brown wooden door, in the direction that Weiss had been heading.

Weiss walked down a wide stairway with curving balconies on either side above it. Large statues of armor filled the space on either side of the bottom starts.

Behind Weiss, a paned triptych of arched windows let in the sun, casting her shadow onto the blue carpeted steps that lay ahead in front of her. The floor at the bottom of the stairs had a blue and white oval design that lay in its center. Both levels had open archways leading to other rooms in the Schnee Manor.

Walking into another room with blue and white floor patterns, Weiss strode past a life-size statue of a King Taitiju without looking up. Once again, both the lower level and the upper balcony level had open archways with again, unlit sconces. A chandelier hung again from the ceiling.

An upward view showed that the chandelier was in the middle of a blue and white circular pattern that matched the floor pattern from the previous room.

Weiss continued her long walk into another hallway. In the music room, stood a large grand piano with an open music sheet. A portrait on the wall showed Whitley.

Weiss then walked alone in the hallway, never having looked up the entire time, until she was startled by her brother's voice coming from right in front of her, cutting through the silence that she had.

Whitley: Good afternoon, sister.

A teenage boy, somewhat younger than Weiss, stood before her. He had his hand on his chest and he affected a bow.

Whitley: A pleasure to see you out of your room for a change.

Weiss sidestepped him and turned to speak, and since he moved to face her the effect was that of the two of them briefly circling each other.

Weiss: Hello, Whitley. You're in a cheery mood today.

Whitley: Klein made crepes for breakfast.

He clasped his hands behind his back and smirked at her.

Weiss: What do you want?

Whitley: I heard Father shouting with someone in his study earlier.

Weiss: Mother?

Whitley: No, she's already drinking in the garden. I think it was a man.

Weiss looked up at him on this. Whitley feigned a concerned look, clearly in a mocking tone.

Whitley: I just wanted to warn you. I heard he had asked to speak with you.

Weiss: I'll be fine.

Whitley: I know you will. You are strong, like Winter.

Weiss: You never liked Winter.

Behind Weiss the Schnee Dust Company emblem was seen above the archway she was walking toward.