Vol 5 Part 1

(A/N: 40K reads. Cool)

(Your POV)

In the silent tunnel, broken only by your footsteps on the ground, Qrow broke the silence.

Qrow: The City of Mistral...

Nora: Ugh! It's about time!

You, Qrow, the new Team RNJR, and Edel walked through a stone brick tunnel that was illuminated by translucent lanterns that were on either side.

Nora: Whose idea was it to walk again?

Ren: Well, we did face many obstacles. Broken airships, destroyed settlements...

Jaune: Oh, and, you know, all those people and monsters that tried to murder us.

Ruby: Pfft, we were fine.

Ruby looked at Qrow with a smile.

Ruby: Only one of us almost died.

Qrow looked back at Ruby, smiling back at her.

Qrow: Hey.

Edel: I literally jumped in front of an axe for you.

Ruby: You were fine.

Edel: I was stabbed through the knee, two times in the chest, and lost my arm for a bit

He gestured to his right, robotic arm, which was covered by his sleeve.

Ruby: Like I said. Completely fine.

Edel groaned. You were still caught up in the entire thing. Someone had controlled you, bent you their will, and then you severed your friend's arm. While Edel had said not to worry about it, you still felt bad about the entire thing.

Couple that with the fact you were worried you would be controlled again, it wasn't good. Edel kept on saying that unlocking the powers of a god, more specifically fire, would cleanse it, but you weren't so sure.

Nora put her hands on her hips and looked at Ren. Ren then turned to look at Nora.

Ren: Hey.

Nora giggled in response.

Jaune: So, how much farther to Haven Academy?

Qrow: Almost there. But I figured I'd take you kids on the scenic route.

Your group approached a pair of large, wooden double doors, which Qrow opened, flooding the tunnel with sunlight.

Ruby ran out onto a massive platform that doubled as an elevator, stopping at the railing to gaze out over the city in wide-eyed awe.

Ruby: Wow!

You and the others joined her to take in the views of the buildings and stone stairway that were perched on the mountains.

Ruby: This... is... awesome!

Below you you saw large crowds of people that were going about their day - walking around, talking and buying merchandise legally and illegally.

Qrow: It's certainly something.

Ruby seemed to note a kiosk that was selling weapons.

Ruby: Oh my gosh, look at all the weapons!

Qrow: Vendors here'll sell you just about anything... whether they should or not.

Jaune: They really made the most out of these mountains.

Qrow: Every inch. Stay away from the lower levels. The higher up you go, the nicer it gets.

Nora: And we are going up!