Vol 4 Part 7

(Your POV)

(Y/N): I need to get back to them... but I need to protect her.

The man nodded, and grabbed something from within his cloak. It was some sort of container, small enough to carry.

He handed it to you, and you took it. Looking closer, it seemed like a container for a kind of drink, with a cap on top.

Old Man: Pack snow in it, and let the parka and your body heat do the rest of the work.

You nodded. You would've asked about food, but perhaps it wouldn't be an issue. You're sure that the man would've said something if that was the case.

(Y/N): And my learning?

You gathered up snow from the area, it was fresh, just fallen, and looked clean enough, no dirt or other substances mixed in.

Old Man: They will come to you in your dreams.

You turned around to look at the mountain, the impressive height that it boasted, reaching up and up into the sky. You had never seen the view from the top, perhaps now you would.

You remember back to that day. Everything changed... you would've seen the view. You were supposed to.

Years later you understood it wasn't your fault, that the incidents that happened were isolated, the White Fang and the Grimm, but you didn't help.

You shook your head at those thoughts. You were starting to get an idea of why you wanted, why you needed this. The past would only bring back harsh memories, things that did not need to be revisited.

You took a deep breath, turning to the mountain, walking away from the man, the village... your past.

(3rd Person POV)

It was a cloudy day, and RNJR was following a mossy stone tile path through the wilderness. While walking, Nora stretched her arms up wide.

Nora: Another day, another adventure!

Beside her, Jaune read a map while Ruby and Ren continued alongside them.

Ruby: What's on the agenda today?

Jaune: Walking!

Nora: With a side of...?

Ren: Walking.

Ruby sighed in response.

Ruby: Haven is a lot farther away than I thought.

Ren: Ruby? How long did you think this journey was going to take?

Ruby: I don't know! I grew up in a small area; I've never been this far away from home!

Jaune: Right but... how long?

Ruby: Maybe like, uh... two weeks?

Jaune looked up from the map to glare at her.

Jaune: What?

Ruby: Okay, fine! Three or something!

She refused to make eye contact with anyone as she spoke.

Ruby: Look, whatever.

Ruby looked up again after a beat and noticed something ahead.

Ruby: Hey, what's that?

Nora jumped onto a slightly fallen post of a fence to get a closer look at a wall and building ahead.

Jaune: That's... strange.

He checked his map.

Jaune: I didn't think we'd be hitting another village for a few days.