Vol 5 Part 10

(Your POV)

You looked down at Ruby one last time, rubbing your thumb across her cheek, as she leaned into it, her beautiful face pleading.

You wanted to try and help, you wanted to try and save her...

But.

With that you leaned down, pulling Ruby into you, and you heard Ruby gasp slightly. Your lips met each other, in a gentle kiss, embracing each other.

It lasted only a few moments, but perhaps, with no knowledge of your past, it was the best moment of your life.

The two of you separated, as you rested your forehead against Ruby's own, the two of you looking into each other's eyes.

(Y/N): Of course Rubes. I'll live in the now, with you.

You couldn't help but smile at the delighted expression that lit up her face. You leaned in once again, meeting her lips, yet again, as her mouth parted.

After a while you had ended up with Ruby sitting in front of you, leaning her head against your chest as you looked at the sun.

Ruby: No more secrets?

(Y/N): None at all, Rubes...

You looked down to see Ruby looking up at you, smiling. You leaned down, giving her a quick peck as she nestled into your chest, and you wrapped your arms around her.

You sat there together with her, contempt to just exist in the same place...

In the same time.

Eventually you felt Ruby move, and you looked down to look at her, and her up at you.

Ruby: What do you think happened to the relic at Beacon Academy?

You thought about it, gazing out at the sun, but the answer was pretty apparent to you.

(Y/N): I don't know, up until this point I haven't been very concerned with the relics, more about the future. 

You looked back to Ruby who raised an eyebrow at you, and you laughed.

(Y/N): I've been thinking about you Rubes, trying to save us.

The word felt weird on your tongue, but perhaps not a bad thing. Ruby smiled at this, and gestured to get up. You opened your arms as Ruby stood up, stretching her arms out as you looked up at her.

Ruby: I'm going to ask Ozpin about the relic. Want to come with me?

You looked from Ruby to the sun, and then back at her.

(Y/N): I'll stay a little longer. See you soon?

Ruby: Of course.

With that Ruby walked off, and you sighed, looking at the sight in front of you, wondering what your past may have been like if you could remember it.

(3rd Person POV)

Oscar, who was currently letting Ozpin take over, and Qrow were sitting together. Qrow took a sip from his cup.

Qrow: Things aren't looking good, Oz.

Ozpin: Ever the optimist.

Ozpin now sipped from his cup. 

Ozpin: While I would not say our current predicament is... ideal, I think we can both agree that the situation could be much worse. Humanity is a resilient force.

Qrow: Oz, pro Huntsmen like that don't just bite it all at once. Salem's powerful. It seems like her reach is growing by the day. What does that say about Humanity?