Vol 1 Part 12

(Your POV)

As you were walking towards Beacon, you noticed it was awfully quiet. No students were milling around the courtyard, none were leaving. It was almost like no one was at the school. You looked up and saw that Beacon tower had fallen. The tower had been broken down, looking like ruins.

(Y/N): What happened?

You looked around, looking at the wasteland. Signs had fallen off, chairs were thrown to the side. Trees destroyed. A giant wyvern lies at the top of the tower, frozen. Walking up to the once great tower, the lamps that mirrored the walkway were torn down.

Pillars around the building were destroyed by things thrown into them. Atlas technology, in the form of robots lie down, destroyed. Transports and other ships were downed, holes in wings and other parts of the cockpit.

Fires raged and then turning around, the city behind you was ruined as well. Even this far away, you could see the parts of buildings that looked as if they were ripped off. Looking further from the tower, giant Atlas airships crashed into the ground, and separate parts crashed together.

Suddenly an Atlas transport landed, not crashed. The door opened, and the pilot that had flown you to and back from Atlas got out motioning you in.

Pilot: Get in, Ironwood said that he needs you to get back to Atlas super quick.

You snapped out of it, looking around, and saw that Beacon was normal. Students milled around the courtyard, pointing towards the Atlas ship.

(Y/N): Do I have to?

Pilot: Yes sir. He said...

He shook his head, took out his Scroll and read something off.

Pilot: Only cowards are bound by the restraints of their time. I don't think you're a coward to say no. If you work for me we can issue in a brave, new generation.

(Y/N): And if I say no?

???: Only cowards are bound by the restraints of their time. I don't think you're a coward to say no. If you work for me we can issue in a brave, new generation.

He put away his Scroll, shaking his head.

Pilot: Pretty random if you ask me, but hey, it's whatever he said. You okay?

(Y/N): Yeah, yeah I'll be right there.

It's what he said. What the voice in your head said. How did Ironwood know?

As you walked into Ironwood's office, you were slightly nervous. How did he know? The question raced through your mind as you stood in the center. He was currently on his Scroll, talking with someone. Once he saw you he put up his pointer finger.

Ironwood: I'll talk to you later. He can decide what to do with The Stalker. He kills all the people in the room, just to send a message? Figure it out, and report back.

He hung up the call sighing and standing up. He walked up closer to you as he looked at your suit.

Ironwood: Fit you well?

(Y/N): Good enough.

Ironwood: Perfect, Specialist Schnee was quite annoyed when I said that she had to listen to you.

(Y/N): Yeah, she wasn't the nicest but whatever.

Ironwood: Indeed, anyways that's not why either of us are here.

(Y/N): Correct, how did you know? He said the exact same thing.

Ironwood: He told me.

(Y/N): What? He spoke to you?