Vol 3 Part 5

(Your POV)

You looked to Weiss who was looking at you back, expectantly. If you could get at least one member of Team RWBY to trust you, that would be a start.

(Y/N): Mask off.

The mask came off and you sighed, putting your head down.

(Y/N): I promise.

Weiss wrapped her arms around you. You were surprised, but put your arms around her as well. You weren't quite sure how to react, it was quite unlike Weiss.

Weiss: Thank you.

You sighed, letting go of Weiss as she let go of you, her face red.

Weiss: Oh... uh, sorry about that.

(Y/N): It's alright.

Weiss looked away, anywhere but where you were.

Weiss: Keep me posted.

(Y/N): Of course.

With that you turned back towards the room, narrowing your gaze.

(Y/N): Helmet on.

You grabbed your rifle, holding it in front of you, as you looked at the giant hole in the wall. You walked up to the edge, before leaping through it to the ground below.

(3rd Person POV)

Professor Ozpin sat in his office, the Headmaster's office.

He was seated behind his desk, across from Pyrrha Nikos. Behind him, the last rays of twilight came through the clock-decorated windows.

To Ozpin's side was his cane, The Long Memory. He chuckled as he gestured to Pyrrha, hoping to alleviate the tension.

Ozpin: Well, it comes as no surprise that they've chosen you to move on to the final round of the tournament. Your performance was exemplary.

Pyrrha humbly downplayed her achievements.

Pyrrha: Thank you, Professor Ozpin, but I would never have made it this far without my teammates.

Qrow called out from his spot. He leaned against a column in the back of the room, his arms crossed in front of him.

Qrow: Personally, I think it's the other way around.

Pyrrha turned around and got up from her chair, attempting to be formal in the still awkward situation.

Pyrrha: I'm sorry, but I don't believe we've been introduced.

Qrow introduced himself, still rather hostile towards the younger girl.

Qrow: Name's Qrow.

Ozpin: Qrow is a trusted colleague of mine.

Pyrrha looked back at Qrow for another moment, studying him, before addressing the headmaster once again.

Pyrrha: Professor, if you don't mind me asking, why have you called me here?

Ozpin remained smiling, his attempts at calming the situation seeming to not go well.

Ozpin: Please, take a seat.

When she did so, he put a fingers up to his lips, leaning back casually.

Ozpin: What is your favorite fairy tale?

Pyrrha looked confused. This was nothing Renata had talked about.

Renata: Keep it together.

Pyrrha: I'm... sorry?

Ozpin: Fairy tales, stories from your childhood. Surely you must remember some of them.