Vol 5 Part 13

(Your POV)

Edel: Please...

The sound of Edel's voice hurt, but there was nothing you could do.

(Y/N): I can't.

He looked past you, looking at...

(Y/N): Ajax? Or rath...

Ajax: Oh no.

He took off his toga, releasing the giant wings, stretching out.

Ajax: I am the real one. The other was simply... a Demonic.

You extended your blade, and took your axe out, pointing one at each, ready, or at least as ready as you could be, to fight two forces.

(Y/N): What's going on here?

Ajax: You have chosen to stay the path. To fight against the forces head on, rather than trying to work a way around them. You stay in the present. You choose to let the future play out, rather than attempting to change it.

You nodded in response, still looking between the two.

(Y/N): I lost Ruby in a misunderstanding one time. I won't have it again. I won't lose her again.

Ajax: Oh, but you will.

You glanced back at Ajax.

Ajax: One rose shall burn. This much is certain.

Edel: Please... help me.

You turned to face Edel.

Edel: I once said that you can change things for the better. Do you remember?

You thought back to when you first met the Stalker. When he was a strange, evil person that worked for his own gain.

Edel: I said that everyone else plays a role in your play. You command the stage. Please... Help me.

(Y/N): I can't.

Edel: All you need to do is destroy the future that is written for us. Let us decide our future. Let me save Renata. You can save Ruby.

(Y/N): What happens?

Edel: It doesn't matter. One of you survives, the other dies. Would you want that?

(Y/N): What happens if I do this? What happens if it goes worse? What happens if the future leads to us beating Salem, and when I destroy this, I ruin everything.

You turned away, facing Ajax.

(Y/N): At the very least, you said one of us die at the end of our story. I would take a certain amount of time with Ruby, then put her in more danger.

You turned back to Edel as he threw a punch at you with his right hand. You quickly formed a shield of fire, blocking his strike, but it still threw you off balance, and he quickly ripped it away from your body, kicking you in the chest, and away.

He quickly shot a fireball at you, but you blocked it with the shield.

As you did this, you saw him grab at his right arm, and you ran up, leaping into the air, and kicking him across the face, as he sprawled to the ground. 

You then quickly dashed over, aiming a punch at him, with your wrist blade, but he rolled out of the way, slamming his foot into your side, leaving you gasping for breath.

You got up, still struggling to breath, as you swung your axe at him, but he caught the blade with his right arm, and lifted you a bit off the ground, before slamming his fist into your stomach, before slamming you into the ground.