Vol 1 Part 3

(Your POV)

???: Wake up, lazy butt!

You opened your eyes to see a girl running around a ninja-looking guy. She had orange hair and was trying to wake up the ninja. He finally sat up and tiredly looked around.

???: It's morning! It's morning! It's morning! It's morning!

The ninja and the hyper girl walked out of the hall to who knows where.

Rubbing your eyes you sat up and looked around for what other people were doing. Everyone seemed to have been woken up by the girl and were now getting ready for the day.

You hastily put a shirt on and moved over to the cafeteria where you dug into some delicious pancakes. While eating you were looking around at the other first-years trying to weigh up who would be the best fighters, students, etc. 

Pyrrha would obviously be the best fighter. You looked up some of her fights and she almost seemed untouchable, never getting hit. Others like Weiss, the book girl from yesterday, or maybe even the ninja boy would probably be the best students as they seemed to be more focused than others like Ruby.

After finishing your breakfast you made your way to the locker room and grabbed your weapons. Holstering them you looked around at other people's weapons. Jaune had his sword, Pyrrha had a spear, Weiss had a rapier, there was a boy with a mace, and many more. Seeing Ruby and Yang you walked over to them.

Ruby: Wonder what those two are so worked up about?

Yang: Oh, who knows? So, you seem awfully chipper this morning!

Ruby: Yep! No more awkward small talk or getting-to-know-you stuff. Today, I get to let my sweetheart do the talking.

She stroked Crescent Rose and so you knew she was talking about her weapon but you decided to tease her a bit.

Yang: Hey here comes your boyfriend Ruby!

She winked at you and you returned with a nod.

Ruby: Yang stop it!

(Y/N): Aww, Ruby I know I'm your sweetheart but you can't let me do all the talking. You got to break out of your shell.

Ruby broke down into a blushing mess at this.

Ruby: N-N-No... I do-don't mean you, I meant Cresc...

Yang was standing there laughing at what you said and held out her hand for a fist-bump which you gave her.

Ruby: YOU GUYS ARE THE WORST!

Yang pulled Ruby's hood over her head.

Yang: Come on, we're just joking. Remember, Ruby, you're not the only one going through initiation. If you wanna grow up, you're gonna have to meet new people and learn to work together.

Ruby: You sound like Dad! Okay, first of all: What does meeting new people have to do with fighting? And secondly: I don't need people to help me grow up! I drink milk!

(Y/N): Pretty sure that's not how milk works...

Yang: But what about when we form teams?

Ruby: Um, I don't know, I... I'll just be on your or (Y/N)'s team or something...

Yang: Maybe you should try being on someone else's team?

Ruby: My dear sister Yang, are you implying that you do not wish to be on the same team as me?

Yang: What? No! Of course I do! I just thought... I don't know, maybe it would help you... break out of your shell!

(Y/N): She totally doesn't want to be on your team.