Vol 7 Part 4

(3rd Person POV)

Renata walked out of the house, looking at Aloysius.

His left hand was out, holding some sort of golden liquid as he took a sip from it.

Aloysius: It tastes the same as I remember... But you are not here. When will you return I wonder? Will it take her bringing them all together? I hope that never happens.

He paused, as if thinking solemnly, before letting the drink disappear. He turned, back to Renata.

Renata: Are you staying then, Aloysius?

He shook his head.

Aloysius: No. I will for now. I have waited thousands of years, and have a responsibility to deal with the troubles of this world.

Renata: Of course you don't. What has the world given to you?

Aloysius: Power... is a type of contract. You should know that all power comes at a price. For every bit of power you gain, so too do you gain more responsibility.

Renata: The world has given you nothing. This was your own doing, your own power.

Aloysius: I was given power by the Gods, albeit indirectly. I have stolen from Edel, and now it is mine. Perhaps I will fail, perhaps I wish to fail. Perhaps the only way for Salem to lose is for her to kill every mortal and realize that she did everything right. She did everything right in the end, and still lost...

(Your POV)

As the sun began setting over the mountains around the abandoned Dust mine, four trucks drove up the road to the mine entrance, and Amity Colosseum floated toward the mine.

Soon after the trucks arrived at the mine entrance, You, Team RWBY, Team JNR, Qrow and the Ace Operatives walked outside. Smiling, Marrow looked at Clover and then attempted to put on a more serious demeanor. 

Ruby, Jaune and Nora came together to gaze in dramatic admiration of the Ace-Ops, while Ren, Blake, Weiss and Yang watched the three with wide eyes. You however, closed your eyes, concentrating on releasing the darkness, trying everything in your p...

Nora: Aaaah!

You opened your eyes, watching as the others fawned over the Ace-Ops.

Jaune rushed over to Clover's side.

Jaune: You guys were incredible!

He switched to being in front of Clover and began energetically gesturing as he talked.

Jaune: Oh, the way you took down that Geist without needing to plan your tactics out, you just knew exactly what to do!

Clover: Well, Ace-Ops are hand-picked to perfectly compliment one another. So we can focus on our assets and leave our liabilities behind.

Marrow walked over with a confident smile.

Marrow: Some of us are all asset, zero liability.

He posed with a salute and a grin, looking at Jaune. Elm scoffed, catching Marrow's attention. He moved over to her, leaning in to confront her.

Marrow: Wha-- Yeah? Think I've got some liabilities, Elm?

Elm: Your brains, for one.

Clover, Elm and Harriet laughed, and Marrow groaned and pouted. The former three walked away.

Vine: You did ask.

Vine walked away, and Nora approached Elm with wide eyes and a smile. Elm looked at her.