Vol 1 Part 11

(Your POV)

As you walked down from your room to the transport, too many people were saluting you. You wanted to scream at everyone to stop it, but you knew they were too proper, and militaristic to do anything of the sort.

(Y/N): It's a price worth paying to get all this sweet equipment, though.

The gear was one of the main reasons you stayed in it. While you knew that it would be helpful to diminish your enemies, the gear that you gained really sweetened the deal. And you didn't have to answer to anyone except for Ironwood as an immediate authority. This would be helpful as you could dedicate more time to Beacon, and then the off time to helping Atlas.

Stepping out of the building, the night sky was brilliant. Even though the city was lit up, it seemed that the sky held that same natural feel as it did in any given forest, away from any cities or kingdoms.

As you walked by the soldiers, they all saluted, and you waved your hands down, as if to tell them to take it down a touch. Walking into the transport you put your bag down.

(Y/N): Helmet off.

Your helmet slid right off and you walked right back up to the cockpit, sitting in the same seat as before. The pilot from earlier turned around, grinning.

Pilot: Where shall we go today sir?

(Y/N): Oh shut up. I'm not going to deal with all the "sir" and saluting. It's so tiring. How do you deal with it?

Pilot: You get used to it at some point. Realistically once you join up, you're in it until you can't anymore.

(Y/N): You know, a little while ago, getting into Atlas Academy and up to Ironwood's office would have taken weeks, even months of planning. Now I walk straight up to it. It's kinda strange.

Pilot: Yeah, but we all started off like that. As kids we were raised to want to join the military. That's the highest honor. You said you were born here, right? You didn't go through that?

(Y/N): No, not where I lived. We were isolated, far south. Then came a massive Grimm and White Fang attack and it ruined everything.

Suddenly the bells rang. Voices start to raise outside of the house. Quickly turning around you ran out of the door to see people running in every which way.

???: Grimm Attack!

Flames were already raining on top of the thatch roofs. You looked around and saw people running around, trying to prepare for the attack. The militia ran around, arming people hoping to fight against them.

Wanting to see the action, you ran away from Tim and towards one of the watchtowers. You looked into the distance and saw giant ships landing. Out of them, came people wearing masks. They strayed far away from the Grimm, who were already decreasing in numbers.

The militia was well armed. The village had one huntsman, though no one ever met him. He stayed in the forest, unless an alarm was raised. He rushed out towards the oncoming people, slashing through them, like nothing. No one could touch him.

That was until his back was turned to one who was approaching him.

(Y/N): WATCH OUT!

You yelled out to the huntsman trying to get his attention. As the man behind him slashed, he leapt over it swinging back, but meeting his sword.

Suddenly one of the attackers shot the tower that you were on. It wobbled, and started to fall and so you had to jump off, rolling on the ground, as the tower fell around you. You started to run away and looked at the cuts that now lined your arms from the fall.