Safe

Have some hurt/comfort while I continue to work on Blizzards Part 2

Silence filled the air of the Murphy house since Connor was home alone, and he was too engrossed in his book to make a sound, but soon, the quiet was broken by a loud ringing. He set his book down at looked at his phone.

Incoming call from: Baby Boy ❤️

Connor clicked the accept button and before he could even say something, he was cut off by the sound of sobs and hyperventilating.

"Evan? Baby, what's wrong?"

"H-Help..."

Connor could tell this was a panic attack, so he put Evan on speaker and grabbed his shoes and coat. He'd learned a lot from Evan's past panic attacks and from research on how to help a panic attack while on the phone, so, he told him that he would hang up and FaceTime him.

He raced to his car and placed it in the phone holder, quickly calling his boyfriend back.

When Evan answered, tears tracks were running down his face, and he was trembling. His hair was all messy and hanging in front of his beautiful eyes.

Connor kept his eyes on the road. "Hey, Ev, I'm here, I'm here. Can you try to match my breathing? I'll do it with you."

Evan nodded and Connor counted down to when he started to breathe loud enough to hear on the other end. It took a bit, but Evan's breathing started to fall in line with his lovers, earning kind words of encouragement from Connor.

"You're doing so good, love, keep going. In...Out...In...Out..."

As Evan started to match up with Connor's breath more, Connor asked if it would help if he talked about his day, to which he responded with a yes.

So, Connor told him how he started rereading one of his favorite books, The Little Prince, and how he had helped Zoe paint her nails, the first time he'd done that in years, and before he knew it, he was in the Hansen's driveway.

He hung up the phone, knowing that if he entered the home, there would be a loud static. He opened the door using his spare key and ran up to the blonde boy's room.

"Evan," he opened the door, "I'm heere."

He saw Evan, curled up in a ball in the corner of his room. Connor sat down in front of him but made sure to leave space between them.

"Hey, baby boy, you're safe, I promise. Is touch okay?" He nodded. "Alright, what would be okay, hugs?"

Evan nodded once more and crawled into the lanky boy's lap, hugging him tightly and softly crying into his shoulder. Connor hugged back with the same amount of force, slightly rocking him back and forth and placing kisses on top of his hair.

"Would you like to talk about it, my love?"

"No," he whispered, "I'm sorry."

"It's okay, you don't need to be sorry. I won't force you to do anything you don't want to do, I promise. You're safe with me, you're safe."

Connor rubbed his hand over Evan's trembling back, hoping to relax him. Then, he moved up to his head, slowly running his bony fingers through Evan's chestnut-colored hair.

He knew that he didn't have to 'fix' him, neither of them would ever be what society perceived as perfect, but they could help each other, and that was all that they needed to do.

Hello humans! As I said, I'm still working on part 2 for Blizzards and that should be up by Wednesday. Also, I'm going to start doing chapters where I post my old, unedited writing and then edit it in the same chapter, so look forward to that! Love you all!!