Can't we be seventeen?

Hey humans! So I put another poll out asking what song the boys should do as a karaoke duet, and Seventeen won! Enjoy!

Evan and Jared pulled into the driveway of the Murphy home and put the car in park. Zoe and Connor were having their small group of friends over for an end of the school year sleepover, and while Alana was already there, Evan had picked up Jared on his way over, leaving them as the last ones to arrive.

Connor met them at the door before they even got a chance to knock. He waved quickly to Jared and moved aside to let him in, and placed his hands on Evan's hips, welcoming him with a long, passionate kiss.

"Zoe," he called into the other room as they broke apart, "Jared and Evan are here!"

The couple walked into the living room and took in their surrounding: Jared, sprawled out on the armchair scrolling through Tumblr, and the two girls snuggled up together on the couch. Zoe shot up when she heard her name, and offered Evan a welcoming smile.

"Alright, let's get this thing started! We can do sleeping arrangements later, but for now, what should we do?"

"We could watch a movie," Alana suggested as the two boys plopped down next to them on the couch.

"Yeah, but maybe we should do that later, sorry, 'Lana."

"It's okay, Connor! What do you guys want to do?"

Everyone was silent as they tried to think of something to do, but no one could come up with anything, that was until Zoe got a brilliant idea. She laughed, an evil one no doubt.

"Oh fuck, I know that laugh. What's your idea, Zo?"

"You'll see." She sprang up from her seat and ran out of sight.

"Should we be worried?" Jared asked, shoving his phone into his pocket.

"It's my sister, so, I'd say yes."

Footsteps approached the doorway as Zoe entered the room, carrying a giant karaoke machine. A devious smile was plastered on her face as she dropped the machine in the front of the room.

"Karaoke, Zoe?"

"Yes karaoke, Connor. Karaoke is amazing."

"I'm gonna have to agree with her on that one, Hot Topic. Karaoke is one of the best things ever created." Jared argued.

Connor paused, trying to think of an excuse to not join in on the activity. "Fine. But from my memory, there are only three microphones."

"There's six of them, dumbass. And no one is forcing you to do this, you can just sit out as a loser."

He cursed under his breath. "Fine, I'll do it, but I'm doing my first song with Evan."

Evan glanced up at his boyfriend, trying to take in what he was just dragged into. He sighed, knowing he had no way out of this.

"Works for me! Now, you and Ev pick a song while I get some snacks."

Evan stood up and dragged Connor up along with him, making their way to the machine. They scrolled through Zoe's phone, trying to think of a song they could duet until Connor typed in an option for them.

"Can we please sing this, baby? Please?" He dragged out the word for as long as he could.

Evan nodded as Zoe came back with bowls of cheese puffs and popcorn. They plugged in their phone and started the music.

"You be Veronica, I'll be JD." Connor nodded and waited for his cue to come.

"Fine, we're damaged, really damaged, but that does not make us wise!"

"Oh my god, you are such a gay piece of theatre trash." Jared scoffed

Connor shot him a look and continued with his part. "We're not special, we're not different, we don't choose who lives or dies. Let's be normal, see bad movies
Sneak a beer and watch TV. We'll bake brownies or go bowling, don't you want a life with me?"

The three cheered for Connor as he sang Veronica's part flawlessly. Zoe wasn't surprised, she'd heard him sing through the entire soundtrack more times than she could remember.

"Can't we be seventeen? That's all I want to do. If you could let me in, I could be good with you. People hurt us."

"Or they vanish."

"And you're right, it really blows. But we let go-"

"Take a deep breath."

"And go buy some summer clothes. We'll go camping-"

"Play some poker."

"And we'll eat some chilly fries. Maybe prom night."

"Maybe dancing."

"Don't stop looking in my eyes!" Evan grabbed Connor by the waist with his free hand and gazed into his beautiful eyes.

For the next part, they sang in unison, their voices complementing each other perfectly. Both of them had gotten lost in the music, letting the song fully take control of them.

The song had begun to come to an end, and they finished off strong. Evan held his lover close, just as the lyrics said.

"Hold me tighter." Connor sang

"Even closer."

"I'll stay if I'm what you chose."

"Can we be seventeen?"

"If I am what you choose."

"If we've still got the right."

"'Cause you're the one I choose."

"You're the one I choose."

"You're the one I choose." They sang together, holding the note as the song ended.

They were silent for the first second after the song stopped, but they pressed their lips together as butterflies appeared in the pits of their stomachs. As they got deeper into the kiss, Evan began running his hands through Connor's luscious locks.

Not long later, Connor and Evan were shoved out of the way. They looked at Jared as he took the spot they had just occupied.

"What the f-"

"If you two are going to make out, go do it somewhere else so that I can perform my masterpiece."

"And what would that be?" Connor asked, sitting leaned up against the floor on the couch and letting Evan lay his head in his lap.

Jared didn't say a word as he pulled up his selection. The music for I Will Never Shut Up Again from the West End production of Heathers started.

"No, Veronica! You shut up!"

Alana cheered at Jared's song choice. He knew the choreography by heart, having rehearsed it many times, and threw a death glare at Connor.

"Just watch me, bitch."

Hope you enjoyed this and I love you all!