Evan in the bathroom

Hey humans!! So I got this request from superCool_sippycup a few days ago so, heere it is! Just a note before we start, I did my research on mental breakdowns and looked at a bunch of other fics, but please tell me if something is inaccurate becau...

Hey humans!! So I got this request from superCool_sippycup a few days ago so, heere it is! Just a note before we start, I did my research on mental breakdowns and looked at a bunch of other fics, but please tell me if something is inaccurate because I will gladly fix it the moment I see your comment.

Trigger Warnings: Feelings of hopelessness, talks about past suicide attempt, mental breakdown,

Evan felt like he was tumbling down a hill at full speed, and there was nothing he could do to stop himself. It was as if everything around him was slowly coming down in chunks. He wanted to stop tumbling, he wanted to catch the falling chunks, but he didn't know how.

There was this pain in his chest like someone had a grip on his heart and was trying to yank it out, leaving him with a whole, upsetting mix of emotions.

Evan was pretty sure he knew what brought this on, and if he was right, it was that all too familiar feeling of being alone. It was all coming back, he had been by himself so much lately that he had started falling back into what he dubbed 'the funk.'

Heidi had started spending even more time at work since the hospital had been letting workers go left and right, and she wanted to be there any chance she could to secure her job and show them that she was a loyal and hardworking employee. She wanted to prove to them that she deserved to keep her job. And the fact that she was still attending her night classes kept her away even later, leaving barely any time for the two to see each other.

Now, Connor, Connor was a different story. Connor was one of the few things that kept Evan going, and now, that was gone too.

Connor had recently been swamped with work from his advanced classes, and the fact that Larry and he were still on rocky terms meant Connor was often grounded or in trouble, which made it even harder to spend time together.

Evan just felt so alone.

The same feeling of loneliness he had when he had let go of the tree branch.

The same loneliness he felt when he tried to end his time on earth.

One night, after two months of dealing with this inner conflict, Connor was finally able to sleepover at the Hansen House, which made Evan unbelievably happy, but of course, his mind wouldn't let him have this one night.

The day had gone smoothly, the two boyfriends walked home together from school, holding each other close and enjoying the touch and company of the other. Connor and Evan had relaxed the afternoon after school, and now, Evan was lying down in bed, eyes glued to the ceiling, while Connor was sleeping peacefully beside him.

He could feel Connor's faint breath on his neck as he snored quietly, nose wrinkling as he did. He could feel his cold feet on top of his, feeling as if there were bags of ice placed in his ankles.

It was nice to have these sweet, perfect feelings back, but he didn't deserve it.

His mind convinced him that he wasn't worthy of it and that he never would be. This voice in the back of his head reminded him that he was nothing more than a broken teenager, who wasn't worthy of anything or anyone in his life.

Evan couldn't take it anymore, he had to get away. So, slowly and silently, he slipped out from underneath the covers and ran into the bathroom, sitting on the cold, solid tile floor and gripping the cuffs of his pajama pants.

He stared down at his knees while glossy, thick tears started to slide down his rosy cheeks. Although Evan tried to be as quiet as he could, Connor must have felt space and the weight difference in the bed, since he was now on the other side of the door, knocking lightly.

"Evan, sweetheart, can you open the door please?"

It took a few moments, but when Connor heard the bathroom lock click, he turned the handle and pushed open the door, heart dropping at sight in front of him.

Crouching on the floor next to his lover, he placed one hand on Evan's back, rubbing it lovingly, while the other calmingly stroked his sandy-colored hair.

"Do you want to tell me what's wrong, my sweet Angel? Or would you rather not talk about it right now?" Connor asked, speaking in a soft tone.

"It's nothing, honestly."

"Ev, love, it's not nothing if you're sitting on the bathroom floor crying in the middle of the night. I hate seeing you cry, it breaks my heart, so please, tell me what I can do."

Evan hesitated before putting his heart in his sleeve, not wanting to upset or make Connor feel bad. But, he gave in, not wanting to make Connor mad.

"I just... I feel so alone, Connor. I don't deserve you, or my mom, or Jared, or anyone really. I just feel like there's no one there anymore, not that you aren't there, which you are, I just... I feel like how I did in the summer with the tree and I don't know how to make it stop.

"You don't need me, Con, you can leave me whenever you want. I'm the one holding you back, and I'm the one who needs to be left",

Connor could barely process what the smaller boy was saying. Not only did Connor feel bad for his lover for having to go through this, but he also had and still does live with this feeling.

"Love, that is not true in the slightest. You deserve anything and everything good life hands you, and you are not holding me back. Honestly, if you weren't still heere with me, I don't think I'd be next to you right now. I love you with all of my heart and I couldn't fucking live without you." Connor cried, not being able to take the bad things Evan was saying about himself.

Connor held out his thin, bony arms, signaling for Evan to crawl into them, which he did after hesitating for a minute. He nuzzled his nose into the crook of the taller boy's neck and cried, not caring about making a fool of himself.

Connor on the other hand was heartbroken from having to listen to the horrible, untrue things Evan was feeling. As he pushed his boyfriend's bangs away from his face, he cupped his cheek with his free hand and placed a soft kiss on Evan's chapped lips.

"Come on, baby," he whispered, wiping away the salty tears, "let's go back to bed, yeah? Then I can cuddle you and tell you how much I love you and how amazing you are,"

"Okay," Evan laughed and nodded, standing up with the help from Connor.

Yes, the two of them were a tad bit broken, and they would never be fully perfect, but as long as they had each other to help rebuild along the way, that would be fine. They didn't need to be perfect, they just wanted each other's love, and that was more than enough.

Hey humans! Sorry for the lack of dialogue but I hope you liked it anyway! Remember, let me know if there's anything I need to change, I will change it as soon as I can. Love you all so much ❤️