Snowed In

Heyo!! So, I know it's late into the month, but I'm doing holiday and winter oneshots up until January, so leave requests and I'll do as many as I can!!

The windows softly rattled as gusts of winds blew around the new-fallen snow outside. The street lights clicked on early in the evening, leaving only the light from that, the Murphy's fireplace, and a small lamp from the accent table behind them to illuminate Connor and Evan's study session.

The Murphy's were out of town for Zoe's band competition, and with Heidi working overtime at the hospital, both boys were home alone so, they decided to spend some quiet time together and study while everyone was gone.

From the moment Evan woke up it had been a small blizzard out, but that didn't stop him from driving to Connor's with his school work. They set themselves up by the crackling wood fire and before they knew it, four hours had passed.

"Christ, it's already eight-thirty, and look at it outside!" Connor cried, gesturing to the thick blanket of white that covered the ground. "Ev, I don't know if I want you driving in this,"

"Why not? It can't be that-" His sentence stopped short when he glanced out the window, his heart sinking to his stomach, "oh... it's bad..."

Walking up behind his lover, Connor slid his arms around Evan's waist and placed a kiss on his temple. "Hey, don't worry, why don't you just stay the night?"

"Are you sure? I don't want to impose or-"

"Evan, first of all, you're my boyfriend, you have privileges to be here whenever you want. And second, how would you be imposing? I'm home alone for three days. C'mon, you can borrow some of my clothes, you already steal half my wardrobe anyway,"

"Hey! I do not!"

Connor snorted as he started to walk up the staircase to his bedroom. "Sure, tell that to my three hoodies sitting in your closet,"

As Evan trailed alongside his boyfriend he stepped into the bedroom, greeted with the familiar sight of band posters and hand-painted flowers Connor had made on his wall when he was bored.

Suddenly, he felt a pair of spare sleep pants and an oversized hoodie being placed in his arms. Connor closed the door on his way out, giving Evan privacy to change and once he was in the fresh clothes, he found his way back to the living room, where he found his lover standing in the archway waiting for him.

"What are you- oh my lord," Evan rolled his eyes as he heard Connor chuckle.

"Mistletoe, you know the rule!" As Connor closed his eyes and awaited his kiss, all Connor received was a smack on his shoulder. "Hey! I was trying to be romantic, bitch,"

"Yeah, well if you want to be romantic," Evan shot back as he jumped down onto the couch and snuggled under a blanket, "you can get over here and cuddle with me because your boyfriend is cold,"

As much as Connor wanted to use his quick wit and return with a snarky response, seeing his sandy-haired boyfriend completely wrapped in the fuzziest and warmest blanket they owned, he wilted and plopped next to him, pulling Evan into his lap and letting him lean his head on his chest.

"Movie?" Connor felt Evan's head nod up and down. "What do you want to watch? Home Alone?"

"Ugh, Home Alone is the worst Christmas movie. We seriously cannot be dating if you think that is a good movie,"

"Fine, Mr. Too-good-for-one-of-the-most-classic-holiday-movies, what do you want to watch?"

A devilish smirk plastered upon his lips, Evan snatched the television remote from his lover's hand and turned the channel to National Lampoons Christmas Vacation.

Although they argued about which movie to watch, neither of them made it through more than the first ten minutes of it before completely passing out. With the dwindling heat from the fireplace and the soft light left in the room, the two were able to sleep soundly through the night.

And if they woke up Saturday morning, cuddled together as if their life depended on it, they never said a word about it.

Hey everyone!! I hope you liked this short oneshot this evening and I love you all so much!! ❤️