Anniversary

AAAAHHHH, MY 50TH CHAPTER!!
I just want to take a minute to thank you humans for reading these kinda shitty oneshots, it means a lot to me. You are all beautiful, amazing human beings and I wouldn't be heere without you.
Love you! <33

Tonight was a big night for the couple. Tonight, they were celebrating one incredible year of marriage, and it had been the best year of their life.

Evan was currently in the process of attempting to tie his silky blue tie when Connor walked into their bedroom.

"You want help, baby boy?" Evan nodded as Connor helped finish off his tie.

"Thank you." Evan blushed.

"You're welcome, sweetheart. Now come on, the cars running."

The two walked out to their car hand in hand, only pulling apart to get into their seats. The soft noise of the radio filled small space during the drive to the secret location.

You see, Connor had planned an entire evening out for them, but it was all kept a secret from Evan. What Evan didn't know was that Connor had somehow managed to score them reservations at one of the most popular and fancy restaurants in town.

"You...You got reservations at Mells?" Evan asked as they parked.

"Yeah, I don't know how honestly. But I figured this was an important occasion that required a perfect night out."

The two walked into the brightly lit dining room and met the women to show them to their table.

Evan glanced around the room at the chandeliers, the huge glass windows, and the hundred diners that filled the room. He felt like all eyes were on him, but he had to suck it up, for Connor. He seemed so excited and he didn't want to ruin it.

Both boys accepted a menu as they waited for a waitress to come by their table.

"Connor, this is... just... wow." Connor chuckled.

As he started to glance over the menu, he felt even more eyes staring at him. It felt like he was the center of attention, and that was the last thing he wanted. He never realized how many people would actually be here. Evan wanted to leave, he wanted to go somewhere where he didn't feel like everyone was looking at him and judging him.

"Evan," Connor's voice snapped Evan out of his deep thought, "baby, are you okay? You're bouncing your leg like crazy."

Fuck. That's was the last thing Evan wanted, for Connor to find out that he didn't want to be here and they'd have to leave because of him.

"I'm fine, Connor."

Connor watched as his lover's eyes quickly looked from side to side and felt his leg and hands begin to shake. That was when he realized his mistake.

"Oh god, you're uncomfortable, aren't you. Ugh, I'm so fucking stupid. Why would I bring you here when I know how bad your anxiety is, I should have-"

"No, Connor, it's okay, I'm fine." He lied.

"No, baby, you're not, I can tell. God we've been married for a year, I should've known better. Come on, let's leave."

"No! I don't want to leave just because of me. Plus, we're already all dressed up. And you must have paid a lot for these reservations."

"Evan, I want to go somewhere you're comfortable, not somewhere you don't want to be. I'd never forgiven myself if we'd stay here and something happened. Also, I don't care about the money, it's you I care about, you come first, no matter what. So come on, let's leave."

Connor took his husband's hand and led him back out to the car.

The two remained silent during the drive to their next location, but it wasn't like the silence earlier. The silence earlier on the way there was filled with love and mystery, this silence was filled with Evan's embarrassment and hatred for ruining their night.

Connor on the other hand didn't care one bit about leaving. He could tell something was off with Evan the moment they walked in, so he pulled up and parked in the parking lot of the next best option.

"McDonald's? This is where we're spending our anniversary instead of Mells? Look, Con, we can go back, I can hold it together, really, I-"

"Evan, stop, please. I want to go here because I know that we'll both be comfortable here. So come on, my love."

Connor helped his lover out of the car and walked into the restaurant. The smell of grease and French fries hit them as soon as they opened the door.

They ordered, grabbed their food, and sat down at a table. Evan handed Connor his order of a Ten-piece Chicken McNugget and a large fry and grabbed his Big Mac and fries.

"I'm sorry, Connor. I ruined the whole night. This was supposed to be special, but now, now we're just sitting in McDonald's in our nice clothes eating fast food. I ruined our anniversary."

"Hey," Connor took Evan's hands into his, "you did not ruin our anniversary. I'd rather spend tonight eating greasy food at a McDonalds' than at some fancy-ass restaurant you didn't want to be in. You are the most important thing in my life, so you come first." He kissed Evan's knuckles.

"I love you, Connor."

"I love you too, baby boy, always."