Casts

Back at it with the prompts

Trigger Warning: Implies past suicide attempts

As Connor pulled their car into the driveway of their small townhome, he glanced up at the rearview mirror to see his gorgeous lover in the back, a look of sadness plastered upon his sweet, rosy-cheeked face.

The smaller boy had been extremely upset all day after learning that he had broken his ankle after suffering a nasty fall down the stairs late in the afternoon yesterday. After seeing that Evan could barely walk without help or feeling excruciating pain, Connor decided it would be best to get it professionally looked at the next morning, which they were now just coming back from.

After x-rays and imaging, they had discovered the problem, and put Evan in a cast, ordering him to walk only using crutches if he could.

Connor, seeing how sad his boyfriend seemed, took off his seatbelt and made his way to the backseat, scooping him up in his arms and carrying him inside, with Evan carrying his crutches. And although he had been given the crutches by a medical professional, Connor insisted on carrying his baby boy everywhere: into the doctor's office, out of the office, and now, into their home.

"Con, baby," Evan started as Connor plopped him down on the couch, "you don't have to carry me everywhere, I have these things for a reason,"

"Um, yes I do, I'm your boyfriend, that's my job."

Grabbing a throw pillow from the other side of the loveseat, he ordered his lover to lift his leg and slid it under Evan's foot on the coffee table.

"Remember, Dr. Charlotte told you to try and keep your leg elevated if you're sitting down, and don't do anything too extreme,"

"I know, I know," Evan looked down, not wanting Connor to see the salty tears that welled in his sparkling eyes, although, it failed.

"Hey, love, what's wrong? Why are you upset?" He asked, sitting down beside him and placing his right hand on his thigh.

"Nothing, it's nothing, I'm fine, it's stupid."

"Baby, it's obviously not stupid if it's making you cry. Tell me what's bothering you,"

"I...fuck, it's just that I hate having casts on. It just reminds me of senior year all over again after... you know what," he whispered, not having the heart to look Connor in the eye.

Grabbing a hold of his hand, Connor could see the pure heartbreak in his face. His face lit up as an idea suddenly sprang into his head.

"Hold on, baby, I'll be right back."

Leaving the comfort of his lover, Connor sprinted into their shared room and searched through the dresser drawers as he looked for his special markers. After finally finding them, he rushed back out and kneeled on the shaggy grey carpet next to Evan, placing the container of markers on the table.

"Connor, what are you doing?"

"I'm going to cheer you up! I know you really don't like casts since they bring back sort of bad memories, so, I'm going to try and make this better for you."

First, uncapping the pale blue, baby pink, black, and green, he started drawing beautiful and intricate flowers that stretched from the top all the way down to the foot. Then, he uncapped the black marker and started drawing swirls that came out from the flowers, and used brighter, pastel colors to draw a sun, hearts, and detailed, gorgeous butterflies.

It took some time, considering the amount of effort and detail he put into his drawings, even if they were just some doodles in his boyfriend's cast, but he was doing this to make him feel better. After about twenty-five minutes, he grabbed Evan's attention away from the television screen.

"Hey, Angel, I finished if you would like to see," Connor grinned.

Evan glanced down at the cast, which was now covered in many stunning drawings.

"Oh, Con," he smiled, tearing up once more, this time with happier tears, "I-I love it, thank you."

Placing himself in the seat beside Evan once more, Connor wrapped his arms around him, trapping him in a warm embrace. Pulling away nearly moments later, he placed an almost feather-like kiss on Evan's sandy-colored hair.

"I love you, sweet boy, forever and always,"

Hey humans! This one was a bit more like my normal length, and I hope you enjoyed this prompt! There's still a few more and lots of fluff to follow! Love you all and have a great day/afternoon/night!!