Prom?

The pic above is what this is based on, enjoy!

With prom just two weeks away, Evan was freaking out. Now, prom didn't sound ideal to Evan in the first place; Loud music, lots of people and feeling way too self conscious to dance, but he really wanted to go with Connor, he just didn't know how to ask him. So, he called in reinforcements.

"What's up, Acorn?" Jared asked as he came into the small home.

"Ok, I know you're great at coming up with horrible puns, so I need help with doing a promposal for Connor."

".... Fine, only cause you helped me with asking out Rich."

The two made their way to Evan's room, where Evan had stored his supplies: Markers, glitter, glue, Pom Pom's and erasers. The two sat side by side on the cold hardwood.

"Okay, you want a pun right?" Evan nodded, "alright, how about... Were two gay disasters in a pod, let's make a fool out of ourselves at prom."

"Jared, no! Also, we're both bi, you know that. How about something cut like... oh! Connor loves dogs so how about 'Prom without you would be ruff, so let's go together' and I could give him a stuffed dog."

Jared snorted. "Ev, that just sounded really kinky." Evan smacked Jared's arm.

"Get your mind out of the fucking gutter, Jare, I need help. How about 'prom without you would be a nightmare' you know, cause he loves Nightmare Before Christmas." (Just like the author) Jared shook his head in disagreement.

The two must have been going back and forth for hours until Jared actually thought of a good one.

So, they started with an outline, and that outline turned into something quite beautiful that featured color, glitter and Pom Poms. Although Jared gave off the impression that he could be doing better things than helping his best friend color a poster, he was actually having fun. Now all Evan had to do was wait.

~time travel to the next day~

This was it. All his (and Jared's) hard work would pay off. Along with the poster, he bought a bundle of balloons and a rainbow pastel octopus he remembered Connor naming the "little gay one." His phone buzzed in his pocket.

Connie 💖: Where r u babe, ur not at ur locker?

Ev: I'm outside.

He waited until finally he heard the sound of combat boots on the fresh spring grass. He watched Connors face as lit up while he read it.

"I'd be over the rainbow if you'd go to prom with me."

"Of course I'll go to prom with you, Ev!"

Connor rushed forward and engulfed him in a bone crushing hug.

"Also I'm guessing that's Jared's gay joke."

"Yeah."

Evan leaned up on his tippy toes, just to steal a kiss from his boyfriend. He didn't care if they had to leave prom early or if it wasn't perfect, as long as they were together, it would be their own kind of perfect.

Have a good night my beauties!