Stress baking

I love the stress baking AU and I love the Jeremy and Evan stepbrothers AU so, here ya go

Connor was great at knowing how Evan was feeling, it was almost like playing a game, but even an idiot could see how  anxious he was today. So, Connor made his way to the Hansen household to see if he was right.

As the door opened, the smell of cinnamon and chocolate blended together and made its way around every corner of the house. Connor was right, Evan was stress baking.

He found him in the kitchen, measuring out ingredients for his next recipe. He knocked on the wall, scaring Evan to the point of almost dropping his cup of sugar.

"Oh! Connor, I didn't hear you come in." He played with the hem of his shirt.

"Hey," he started, wrapping his arms around Evan's waist and leaning his chin on his head, "are you okay?"

"Yeah! Why wouldn't I be?"

"You seemed... off at school today a-and you're stress baking like crazy."

"I am not stress baking."

"Okay, then care to tell me why you made two batches of Cinnamon cookies and are starting a batch of what looks to be chocolate chip cookies?"

Silence filled the space between the two lovers. Connor could tell he was hiding something, he wasn't a great liar, but he just didn't know what it was yet.

"Evan, honey, talk to me. What's bothering you?"

Evan sighed. "Umm, I-I'm supposed to be meeting my mom's new boyfriend and his son, Jeremy tonight." Although Connor understood why Evan was so worried, he tried to make him smile.

"But babe, that's exciting, isn't it? You get to meet the kid who might be your step brother. And trust me, I'm friends with his boyfriend, Michael, and he said that he's really quiet and dorky. I think you two would get along well."

"Really?"

Connor laughed. "Yes, there's nothing to be anxious about." He ruffled his boyfriends golden locks, "Now, can I have a cookie?"

Evan handed him a take out container labeled 'Connors cookies <3' and watched as his face lit up.

"There's a dozen cinnamon cookies in here because I know they're your favorite." Evan rose on his tippy toes and pulled the taller one into a kiss.

"You're the best boyfriend ever! Now c'mon, you wanna go get ready?" Evan nodded.

Connor knew that he didn't need to 'fix' Evan, but he knew he could help him, and helping him was more than enough.

Hey, happy Wednesday! I know this is definitely not one of my best and I'm not completely overjoyed with it but it's not horrible so, here, take it. Night everyone!