100 part special!!

Ahhh, I can't believe it, this is my 100th part!! I can't believe I've even lasted this long on here!! Also, I know this was supposed to be out Monday, but this took me so long to write.

Now, regarding the oneshot, this is a little different than what I normally do (just trust me, I hope it'll be good). This is going to be really long, just a warning. Also sorry if there's typos, I'm exhausted and don't feel like proofreading again

Five years old:

The spring wind rustled the tree leaves as the sun shone through them, making shadows follow the two Murphy siblings as they danced around in the emerald grass of the park. Flowers were popping up around every corner, and colors boomed under the light of the sun.

The Murphy family was at the park for a fun family outing, and as Connor and his four-year-old sister Zoe ran around in the light, a breeze hitting their rosy cheeks, Connor stopped in his tracks and looked over at a boy that seemed to be around his age, reading a picture book quietly under the shade of an oak tree.

Running off from his sister, he made his way closer to the sandy-haired boy, smiling and muttering a small hello as this mystery child looked up at him.

"Hi, I'm Connor, and that's my sister Zoe," he greeted, pouring to the girl just slightly farther away.

"Hi, I'm Evan."

"Do you want to play tag with us?"

"Sure," Evan laughed, "I have to ask my mommy first. I'll be right back,"

Connor watched as Evan scurried over to a woman seated on a park bench, and watched as he jumped while asking her if he was allowed to play with the boy. Evan turned his head and pointed towards Connor, and his mother nodded, telling him to go have fun.

"I can play! My mommy said it's okay!" The boys cheered and ran back over to Zoe, where Evan introduced himself.

While Connor, Zoe, and their new friend Evan played together, Heidi, Evan's mother, made her way over to Cynthia and Larry Murphy, introducing herself and her son. The three became fast friends and exchanged numbers so that when Cynthia and Larry broke the news to the two toddlers that it was time to leave, they were able to still keep in contact.

"Mommy, when can I see Connor again?" Evan asked on their drive home.

"Maybe you two can have a play date this week, I'll ask daddy about it too," Heidi smiled, thrilled to see her son finally getting a friend other than Jared.

Ten years old:

"Connor? You okay?" Evan asked, snapping the boy out of his trance.

"What? Oh, yeah, sorry, what did you say?"

Evan was getting worried about his friend, and worried was putting it generously. Connor had seemed to distance himself slightly from Evan, and he was always zoning out and staring at him, which made him very self-conscious.

Connor couldn't describe this feeling inside him. It was like whenever he was with Evan, he felt shy, giddy, and tongue-tied all at once. He couldn't explain it, but he was sure it wasn't normal.