Under the stars

Evan couldn't sleep. Jared invited them four of them to sleepover at his house to celebrate the first day of summer. Everyone except Evan had finally fallen asleep around two, but an hour and a half later, he was still awake.

He wanted to grab his phone, he was worried that the screen would be too bright or that he would wake up Connor, who had his arm around Evan waist.

"Evan?" A groggy voice called out into the dark. He rested his head on Evan's shoulder. "Evan, what's wrong?"

He looked down in embarrassment. "I... I can't sleep. I know it's stupid, it's just m-"

"It's not stupid, babe, and you don't have to explain to me. It's okay." He stood up and took his hand, "come with me."

Connor led Evan out to Jared's backyard, squeezing his hand as they sprawled across the lawn.

"Ev, you see that one?" He asked, pointing up, "that's Andromeda. And that ones Libra."

Little lights covered the night sky, each twinkling and shining down on the two lovers.

"Wow, Connie, you're like me but instead of trees, it's stars."

He laughed. "Yeah, Larry used to take Zoe and I out at night to stargaze when we were little. Mom would get mad but he didn't care, he loved how excited we got when we saw them or we remembered their names. He would teach us where they were in the sky, when you could see them and all that kind of shit."

Evan could feel his mind start to quiet down and felt himself relax.

"Con, can you... can you talk about them more? It... it really helps."

He nodded and began telling him facts about Ursa Major and telling him how Orion was hidden behind the sun until July. He tucked the smaller boy in his arms as Evan played with his hair.

It took minutes for Evan's eyes to begin to droop down and for the feeling of sleep to wash over him.

The last thing Evan remembered before drifting off was the feeling of Connor's lips on his, and hearing him whisper in his ear. "Goodnight, baby, I love you."

A/N: Sorry this update is so late. Today I didn't have to log onto class, but ended up having homework in every subject and was on the verge of a breakdown. I'm sorry this wasn't posted earlier!

Also, 35 views?!?! I know it's not a lot, but whoever the hells reading this, I appreciate you so much! Thank you for reading these shitty stories.