June 26th

Hey humans! So, this is the one shot that is meant for today, so I'm pretty sure I'm all caught up! Also, take some more fluff, y'all deserve it

It was an exciting day for people everywhere, and in the small apartment owned by Connor and Evan, it was no different. The air was filled with anxiousness, hope, and anticipation as they constantly kept refreshing any social media page they could get on to.

Today was June twenty-sixth, and today was supposed to be the day they would find out if the Supreme Court would legalize same-sex marriage. Their original plan was to go out with Alana, Zoe, and Jared to see what the final choice would be, but both men decided that it would be best to stay home, this way neither one would get overly anxious and uncomfortable.

In the middle of Connor refreshing his Instagram page for the fifth time in two minutes, Evan entered the living room from their smaller kitchen and sat down next to his lover, laying his head on his shoulder, and letting out a hum of relief as he felt Connor leave a kiss on his neck.

"I'm sorry we couldn't be there with everyone else, Con,"

"Hey," Connor brushed a piece of Evan's chestnut curls away from his face, "don't apologize, I'm not mad. I knew that it would be a lot of people and it wouldn't be the best for either of us,"

Evan grabbed his phone off the coffee table in front of them and opened Twitter, repeatedly refreshing to see if anything had been said. After a few minutes, he gave up and left the room to fix himself a quick snack.

While Evan was in the kitchen, Connor's eyes laid sight in something incredible. As soon as his brain could process what he was reading, he let out a shrill scream that rang through the room, scaring Evan into running back into the living room, where he saw his boyfriend crying and flapping his hands uncontrollably.

"Connor? What happened?" At that moment, his brain clicked, realizing what could have caused this reaction. "Wait, did-" before he could finish his sentence, Connor nodded.

Same-sex marriage had been legalized.

Evan didn't know when he started crying too, but he could feel the tears dripping down his cheeks. A shriek left the smaller boy's lips as the two lovers wrapped their arms around each other, then moving up to lock their lips while Evan ran his fingers through Connor's long walnut brown locks.

"Wait," Connor broke up their kiss, "stay right here, I need to get something,"

The young adult watched as his boyfriend scampered out of his grip, a sly smirk plastered on his face, and run back to him with a black velvet box tucked in his right hand. Evan gasped upon seeing the item, knowing what was to come.

"Ev, baby, I-I know you said you wanted to wait till everything got legalized to get married, so, now that everything's settled," Connor popped open the box to reveal a stunning gold band and kneeled on one knee, "Mark Evan Hansen, will you make me the luckiest man in the entire world, and marry me?"

Wiping his watering eyes, Evan nodded rapidly as he let out a sob. "Yes, oh god, of course, Connor!"

With an unsteady hand, Connor took the ring out of its smooth velvet container and attempted to slide it onto his lover's shaking hand, who stared at the piece of jewelry with admiration and an overwhelming sense of love.

After gazing deeply into each other's twinkling eyes, Evan cupped Connor's cheek and reconnected their lips, moaning as Connor kissed back softly.

"I love you," Evan sighed, slightly out of breath.

"I love you too, baby, always,"

Hey humans!! I hope you enjoyed ANOTHER proposal fic. What can I say? I'm a sucker for them! I love you all so much, and I hope you have an amazing day/night! ❤️