Pumpkin carving

As Halloween drew nearer, the group decided to carve the pumpkins they bought. So, the five set up a date to get together at Connor and Evan's apartment, and today was the day they picked.

Jared came a half an hour early with this huge ass pumpkin, which he almost dropped multiple times, and Zoe and Alana arrived just minutes later.

"Alright," Connor started, placing the last pumpkin on the table, "you guys wanna clean these out?"

Everyone sprang up from their seats and grabbed a metal spoon. As the five began scraping their pumpkins clean, they filled the silence with meaningless chitchat.

"Ugh, how do you people do this without gloves? This is disgusting." After saying this, Jared laughed and waved his pumpkin guts in front of Connor's face. Connor gaged. "Jared I will puke on you."

"Yea, I don't think so bitch."

"Guys," Alana waved, "save the seeds for me, I'm tying out a new recipe. Put them  in a bowl or something."

Evan grabbed a bowl from the cabinet and placed it in the middle of the table. They dumped their seeds in as they finished gutting their pumpkins.

Placing his spoon down, Connor left and came back with a handful of carving kits and books.

"Oh no, I'm not using that cheap shit," Zoe pulled out her phone, "I found printable ones. That's why I'm doing Tinker Bell."

"Oh, Zo, can I print one?"

"Sure, Ev! Here, just go on Google and find one you like." Evan scrolled for a few moments until finding a very simple, yet beautiful tree.

"Jesus Christ, you really are an acorn." Jared mocked.

"I'll pick one from the book, Connor, hand me one."

Connor handed Alana two of the many kits and both started flipping through the pages until finding ones that sparked their interest.

"Ugh, you losers, the whole point is to do it freehand. That's why mine will be the best."

The smell of competition was wafting through the air as the five poked and carved their designs.

"Hey, babe, can I have a tiny knife?" Zoe handed her girlfriend the tool she needed and watched her begin to carve.

Again, they filled the air with small talk about their lives.

"I'm done!" Jared turned his around to showcase it to the others.

"Dude, his face looks like lopsided."

"Shut up its better than yours."

"Really," Connor raised his eyebrows, "better than this?" He turned his pumpkin around to reveal a witch hovering over a cauldron.

"Fuck you." He muttered, tossing a poker at him.

"You Like mine?" Alana asked, showing off her kitty cat.

"Aww, it's cute babe! How about mine?" She rotated hers to show a flying Tinker Bell with a trail of pixie dust behind her.

"Alright," Connor sighed in defeat, "Zoe's wins."

"But you haven't even seen mine!" Evan whined. He showed off his tree to the rest of the group.

"Aww, that's so beautiful, Ev!" Alana praised.

Evan shut the lights off and handed everyone a mini candle to place inside their jack-o'-lantern. They watched the light come out from each empty space.

"They all look great... except Jared's."

"Hey!"

Hey you beautiful humans!! So, I posted today, yay! Again, sorry I didn't post yesterday, I just couldn't and didn't have time. I hope you like this one and hope you have a great day/night/evening!