A prom of our own

Picture #1 is up! Let me know which one to do next!

As spring rolled around, Evan was hoping that the magical moment of being asked to prom by Connor would be just around the corner. The two had been dating for quite some time, and even though the event didn't sound ideal to him, he wanted to be with Connor.

But, the only problem was that prom was in a week, and he still hadn't been asked. He would prompose to Connor if he could, but he knew he'd never be able to. He knew that his mouth would dry up, his palms would become sweaty, and his mind would blank on him. This bugged him for days, and this was very clear for Connor.

"Hey, Ev, are you okay?" Connor asked one day, leaning against the smaller boy's locker.

A tiny smile came across Evan's face as his lover grabbed his hand, but it quickly disappeared. "I'm fine, Connor, I'm fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yep, I'm totally fine."

He was not fine, and Connor knew this, but he didn't know why.

Meanwhile, Evan was currently thinking about the worst-case scenario. He was terrified that not asking him to prom was his way of breaking up with him or his way of saying that he didn't want to see him again.

This state of worrying and anxiety carried on for a week, and before Evan knew it, prom night had arrived. Heidi was gone for work by the time he came home from school, so he was alone.

He was upset, of course, so, he decided to push his homework off until the weekend and just find comfort in his room.

An hour or two later, Evan ran downstairs when he heard the doorbell ring. He opened the door to reveal Connor, Zoe, Alana, Jared, and his boyfriend Alex, all dressed up in dresses and suits.

"What...What are you guys doing heere? Why aren't you getting ready for prom tonight?"

"We've got something even better, trust me." Connor smiled, walking in with everyone following close behind.

Zoe was carrying a garment bag with a navy blue suit inside, Alana was carrying a pouch of hair products, and Connor carried a plastic container that held a corsage. They pushed him up the stairs and into his bedroom.

"Hey, guys, let him breathe," Connor spoke softly, seeing Evan beginning to become a bit overwhelmed.

"Can you just... just tell me what's happening?"

"Well, I know that your anxiety might be bad at the actual dance, and so would mine, so, I figured I could surprise you with something. Now, go with Alana and my sister, alright?"

Evan nodded and trailed behind the two girls into his bathroom. Zoe gave him his outfit and turned around as he changed into it, and Alana sat him down on the toilet and combed his hair. She told him to stand up and look in the mirror and when he did, he was greatly surprised by the reflection he saw staring back at him.

"Evan? Are you ready?"

Evan turned the door handle and pushed it open. Connor gasped at the beautiful boy that stood in front of him.

"Wow, Evan, you look... wow. So, shall we go to the mystery spot?"

"What about everyone else?" He questioned, glancing at everyone else who stood in his bedroom.

"They're gonna go to the dance for a little bit and then come join us later, does that sound okay?" He nodded once again.

The six walked out of the Hansen House and into their cars and drove to their different locations. Connor hopped into the driver's seat and turned on the radio to some random pop station.

Before long, the two were screaming along to the song The Story Of My Life with the windows fully down. After that, they sang along to other songs like I Write Sins Not Tragedies and Jackie Chan. Soon, Connor pulled into an empty lot of a park.

He grabbed his boyfriend's hand and led him to the secret destination, making sure his eyes were closed as they got closer.

"Alright... getting closer... almost... and, open!" So, Evan did as he was told, and gasped at the vision he saw in front of them.

There were trees covered in thousands of twinkling fairy lights, lanterns hung on branches, and two speakers playing soft, slow music.

"Connor, baby, this is beautiful. Did you do this all by yourself?"

"Alana helped with the decorations and Zoe did some of the playlist."

Evan opened his mouth to speak again, but he was cut off by a familiar song being played over the speakers: A Thousand Years by Christina Perri.

"Evan Hansen, may I have this dance?" Connor asked, stretching out his hand.

"You may, Connor Murphy." He placed his hand in his lovers allowed him to twirl him.

This may not have been the prom he thought he would be asked to, but this was certainly where he'd rather be.

Hey humans!! I really hope you liked this oneshot and I love you all!! ❤️