Comfort cuddles

Alright, fluff time, are you all happy? You glad I'm taking a break from the angst?

Also, very slight TW for mentions of homophobia and biphobia

Connor just wanted to go home, more than anything in the world. He had an extremely horrible day, and he wanted nothing more than to lay in his boyfriend's firm arms, and just crawl under the blankets and cuddle close together.

As he stepped through the doorway, he dropped his bag onto the floor and groaned, running his hands over his face. Evan, hearing the taller male's entrance, popped his out from around the corner and made his way towards him.

"Are you okay, Connor?"

"No." Connor sighed, fighting back tears. "Can we cuddle? I had a bad day,"

Evan nodded and opened his arms, allowing his lover to quickly sprint into them. Connor rested his head on Evan's shoulder as Evan hugged him as tightly as he could, gently shushing him and rubbing his hands up and down his back.

"How about you get changed into something comfy, okay, love?" Connor nodded and pulled out of his boyfriend's warm touch.

As he left for their room to change into his after-work lounge clothes, which consisted of some oversized hoodie and pajama pants, Evan pulled out a soft-to-the-touch gray blanket and threw it over him as he laid down on the couch, eagerly awaiting for Connor to return. And once he did, Evan patted a spot next to him on the couch, signaling for him to sit there, and once he did, covered him with the blanket as well.

As Connor laid his head on Evan's chest, he felt a pair of fingers starts to run along his scalp, and a warm breath blown on the back of his neck, allowing him to start to calm down and relax.

"Do you want to talk about what happened, baby? How can I help you feel better?" His voice was hushed and gentle as if he was talking child.

"My boss is a homophobic asshole, that's what happened," Connor huffed, burying his face into Evan's chest.

Evan's heart sank to the bottom of his stomach as he heard the words leave his partner's mouth. He knew Connor despised his boss. He also knew that Connor's boss was extremely homophobic, and since he was usually able to let what the man said roll off his back, something he had said must have truly upset him.

"Did he say something to you?" He felt Connor nod. "What untrue bullshit did he tell you? Do we need to speak up and say something?"

"No, I wouldn't go that far. He just said some shit about how bisexuality wasn't real and you're either gay or straight, and if you're gay you're going to hell. I think it was because he saw the pride flag I have on my desk,"

"Oh, I'm sorry, honey."

"It's not your fault, angel. Can we just... not talk about it? I'm sorry, I just want to not think about it any longer."

Evan nodded and laid his arm atop Connor's torso, holding him close to his chest. As his left hand reached over for the remote control and began to scroll the different tv stations for just something fun and quiet to put on in the background, his free hand continued to stroke his lover's long, chestnut curls in a calming manner.

After deciding on some rerun episode of Friends, the two sat in the comfortable silence of each other's company. As seconds ticked by, Evan could feel Connor's body start to go limp, and his breathing starts to even out while his eyelids slowly slipped shut.

After the episode ended and trailed into the beginning of another one, Evan's eyes shifted down, where he caught sight of his beau, who was peacefully and fast asleep in his grasp. Smiling and giggling softly to himself, he pressed a kiss to the taller male's temple, completely mind-blown at how someone could look so beautiful at all times of the day, asleep or awake.

"Goodnight, lovely," he murmured into Connor's ear, despite knowing he probably couldn't hear him, "I love you so much, forever and always."

Okay, this was a little more hurt/comfort than pure fluff, but you still got some fluff of two gays in love, so be glad! Also, a special thank you to the song Recipe For Me by Thomas Sanders, because without that song, I would have not had the focus or motivation to write this for you humans. Anygays, I love you all so much!! ❤️