Ice Skating

A chill was in the air as the two laced up their ice skates. Evan had convinced Connor to come ice skating with him since he didn't know how to skate.

So, Evan treated his boyfriend to a skate date (after Connor's attempt to pay for his half was shot down multiple times).

He leaned on his boyfriend for support and giggled as they waddled onto the ice together. Connor slipped the moment he set foot on the ice, falling on the wooden plank at the entrance of the rink. Evan helped him back up as he rubbed his sore back.

"Okay, Connor, skating is easy. Just put one foot in front of the other, and glide, like this." He demonstrated by doing as he said: putting one foot in front of the other and gliding.

"Easy for you to say, you've done this before." Evan smiled.

"Don't worry, I'll hold your hand and help you through it. It's not like you're skating for a gold medal or anything, it's for fun."

Evan grabbed Connor's hand as he grabbed the edge around the rink. The taller boy began to do as he was told, he immediately started to trip over his own feet, but Evan caught his this time.

"You're okay, you're okay. Take your time, Connor, go slow. Heere, take my hand."

He grabbed Evan's hand as Evan skated in front of him. He told Connor that he was going to pull him along so he could get used to skating on the ice.

For a while, things were going okay.
Connor was able to stay standing for the most part and he was getting the hang of it.

They were able to avoid bumping into others and staying together, but, Evan accidentally pulled a little too hard,  causing his lover to lose his grip and fall back on his butt.

"Oh god, Connor, I'm sorry. Here, let me pull you back u- Shit!" He yelped, tumbling onto the ice as well.

Both boys laughed as the cold, icy surface started to lightly soak their pants.

"Jesus Christ, my ass hurts."

"So does mine. Maybe we should take a break and grab some hot chocolate at the snack bar." Connor agreed and tried to stand back up.

It took them a few tries but they hooked onto the wall and were able to stand themselves up and slide off the ice.

The two sat down at the bar and ordered their steamy drinks, making sure to ask for marshmallows. Connor tipped the waiter and wished them a happy holiday.

The heat from the drink traveled through their wool mittens and to Connor and Evan's cold, chapped hands.

"Mm," Evan moaned, taking another sip, "this is the best cocoa I've ever had."

"Yeah, it's incredible. It's just what I needed on a perfect date like this." He smiled, rubbing his thumb over his lover's hand.

"You can't feel your hands, can you?" He chuckled, noticing his lover's clenched fists.

"Nope and my ass hurts like hell." Both boys laughed as they locked their lips together.

Although the hot chocolate left a nice, warm feeling inside, it was no match to the number of butterflies each had flying around in their stomachs.

Hi humans!! Hope you enjoyed this short little oneshot for today.

Love you all!