Dancing Under The Rain

Heyyyy, some more fluff prompts from a generator! Expect a lot of these in the next few chapters

As the month of May came to a close, the couple started to go on more and more outdoor dates. Evan preferred being close to Connor in their own home and in less crowded spaces, such as Ellison State Park, where he enjoyed taking nature walks with his lover. While Connor never particularly found them exhilarating, he liked seeing Evan happy, and that was all that mattered to him.

One night as the sky began to darken, the two were walking their usual path, hands laced together as Connor listened to his boyfriend's ramble about this certain type of tree.

All of a sudden, Evan stopped talking suddenly, and looked up at the sky. It's normal blue night sky was replaced by a gray, cloudy sky. He could have sworn he felt something fall onto his shoulder.

"Ev, you alright?" Connor asked, wrapping his arm around him and pulling him close.

"Yeah, I-I just thought I felt something. Sorry," Evan snuggled into the crook of Connor's arm

"Nothing to apologize for, my Angel,"

The two were silent as they continued on their walk, and not long later, both of them could feel something fall on their shoulders. They first glanced at each other, then at the sky, which had become darker from when they last looked up. In a second, it seemed as if the sky split in two as huge raindrops started to small from the sky.

Both boys started to shriek and giggle while Connor's instincts told him to take off his jacket and hold it above their heads, this way part of them could stay dry. Realizing that they had not driven heere, Connor told Evan to follow him as he ran off the trail and through the plains.

"Con, where are we going?" Evan yelled, the pouring rain making it hard to hear each other.

"The bus stop! We can get a bus back to the apartment,"

They continued to sprint down the winding roads until they reached a bus stop, taking shelter and cuddling close together to keep warm. Connor and Evan waited a few minutes, listening to the continuous pitter-patter of rain on the top of the booth.

"Where the hell is the bus?" Connor asked, checking the time on his phone.

Evan stopped as his breath hitched. "Oh god, I forgot, the workers are on strike, remember?"

"Shit, that's right! I forgot that was still going on,"

"What are we going to do? Our date is ruined, Connor, and it's all my fault. If I just checked the weather before we went on this stupid walk this wouldn't have happened and if I just-"

"Evan, Angel," Connor shushed his boyfriend, "none of this is your fault, don't blame yourself because the weather decided to be a little bitch today. You can't control what Mother Nature does."

He took his bony fingers and brushed aside the honey-colored wisps of hair that covered Evan's sparkling eyes. He pressed a gentle kiss to a spot behind his ear and smiled as an idea popped into his head.

"Come on," he stood up and reached his hand out towards Evan.

"What are you up to?" He smirked.

"Just come on, Ev!"

Evan laced his fingers with Connor's and yelped as he was pulled up out of his seat. Connor giggled as he twirled Evan in a small puddle of rainwater.

"What are you doing?" Evan yelled over the rain.

"We are going to walk home, we're not that far away, only like ten minutes,"

"In the rain?"

"Why not! Well, dance our way home!"

Connor took his lover by both hands and spun him around, earning giggles from the smaller boy. As they twirled and danced, Evan had almost tripped over a water-filled pothole, splashing water onto the cuffs of his jeans.

"Ev, guess what?"

"What?"

"I will never let you let me leave I promise I'm not lying-" Connor grinned

"Oh my god, you're really going to start singing showtunes?"

"Absolutely, now, finish the lyric!"

"Go ahead ask anybody who has seen me trying-"

"I'm not going!"

As they sang their hearts out at the top of their lungs, Connor's years of dance experience came in handy while he lifted Evan multiple times. Both boys could feel themselves falling in love with each other all over again.

It didn't even matter that they were cold, their hair was wet, or that they ended up having to stay in bed with a cold the next day; they had an amazing time, and that was all that mattered.

Hey humans!! Idk how good this one was, but I thought it was cute, and I hope you liked it!! Love you all so so much ❤️❤️