I'm here

Hey everyone! Take some hurt/comfort cause this is the only idea I had

Bold words are the texts between Connor and Evan

Evan had a feeling all day, a weird, unsettling gut feeling that he couldn't get rid of. He didn't know what the problem was, something just wasn't right. Evan tried to put it off and do something to take his mind off it, but after hearing his phone buzz and seeing a text from Connor, he knew his feeling was right: something was wrong.

Connor: Ev, please tell me you're home

I'm home, are you okay?: Evan

Connor? Are you okay?: Evan

Connie??: Evan

Evan threw his phone to the other side of the couch in frustration. This bad feeling had only grown stronger, making him start to panic. Connor hadn't answered any of his texts, which made him even more worried.

He heard a slam outside, and much to his relief, he saw Connor's truck pull into the driveway. Evan opened the door when he heard him knock, and revealed Connor standing there with tears pouring down his face.

"Oh, baby..." He let him inside and acted quickly to hug him.

He felt Connor return the embrace lightly. He led him over to the couch and sat down, holding him tight.

"Connor, can tell me what's wrong?"

He wiped his eyes with the palm of his hand. "I-I got into a fight with Zoe, our first one in weeks. She saw my box of pot and she told me she thought I was doing better, and I told her I was, but it came out harsher than I meant it to be. She started yelling at me and I told her a bunch of things I didn't mean. She said that if I was trying, I would have stopped smoking by now. I haven't opened that stupid fucking box in a week! If she cared about me she would notice, but nobody fucking cares!" He sobbed.

"Hey," he placed his hand on his lover's back, "that's not true. You are getting better, Zoe cares about you, we all do. She loves you, and she is so proud of you. It might not seem like it, but she is. And I am so incredibly proud of you for staying clean for a week, that's not easy to do, but you've done it. You are so amazing."

Connor wrapped his arms around Evan and snuggled into the crook of his neck, feeling comfort from Evan's cool skin.

"Thank you," he whispered, "I love you, Ev."

"I love you too."

Evan kissed the side of Connor's head and wiped his eyes with his thumb.

"Can...Can I stay overnight? It's not a school night, your mom usually lets me during the weekends."

Before Evan could happily respond with a yes, he was cut off.

"Never mind, I shouldn't have asked. I'd just be imposing, I'll just go home later."

"Connor-"

"I shouldn't have even come heere, I didn't even ask! I just asked if you were home, I never even asked if I could come over. For all I know you could've been with Heidi on her only day off."

"Connor!" He grabbed his hand and wrapped it in his. "Stop, breathe. Listen to me, I would love for you to stay over tonight, I always sleep better when you are by my side. And you don't have to ever ask me for permission to come over, just let me know if you're ever on your way, we won't care. You know you're welcome here anytime."

"Are you sure it's okay for me to stay tonight? You didn't even ask your mom."

"Babe, she loves you. And as my boyfriend, you automatically have the privilege of staying here whenever you want."

Connor smiled as the teardrops started to dry on his rosy cheeks. Evan pulled him back down onto the couch and positioned himself so Connor could lay his head on Evan's chest.

Evan had asked him what he said to Zoe, so Connor told him all the names he called her and every word he wished to take back. He loves his sister with all his heart, Evan knew this, but their relationship was still choppy.

Both of them knew he was trying, and as long as he was trying to start to rebuild things, that would be enough for now.

"It will be alright, I promise. You can sleep with me tonight and go home and talk to Zoe tomorr- wait," Connor laughed and Evan realized what he had just said, "I- I don't- You know what I mean."

"I do, I know what you mean."

Silence filled the room after Evan's innocent little soul said something he didn't mean. Evan continued to fiddle with Connor's long hair since he learned it was something that helped calm him down.

"But Ev-"

"Sweetheart, I promise, everything will be alright."

Hey humans!! The next chapter I post will be an old oneshot I wrote before I was on Wattpad, but unedited (they were pretty bad) and I'll edit them as well! Hope you enjoyed this and I love you all!