Secret Santa

"Oh! I have an idea!" For the past half an hour, the group had been desperately trying to think of an idea of what to do for Christmas, but so far, they had nothing. "What if we do secret Santa? This way we only have to get one person a gift, I know money is kind of tight for some of us right now."

Evan looked down in embarrassment. Alana was right, with Heidi's exams coming up, she'd been at school more, meaning that money for the Hansen household was tight.

"Oh no, I didn't mean you Ev. I'm sorry, money has been a bit tight for my dads and I too." Alana apologized.

"Yeah, it hasn't been great heere either." Jared admitted, even though Evan was well aware of this.

"Alright!" Connor exclaimed, trying to change the subject, "I'm down for that. How about we pick names now so we have time to shop."

The group gathered strips of paper and entered their name into the drawing. Jared went first, followed by the Murphy siblings.

"Son of a bitch!" Zoe shouted, placing the name she pulled back into the hat and choosing a new one.

"You can't do that! That's cheating, Zo!"

"Yeah well I picked you and I already have to get you a gift 'cause your my brother and I am not getting you another one."

Evan took his turn after Connor, pulling out the first slip he felt, which just happened to be the slip with Connor's name. Evan was relived to get his boyfriend. After dating for two years and being friends for years before, he knew the boy like the back of his hand, and with that said, he knew what to get him.

~time skip to Christmas Eve, two weeks later~

Evan parked his car in the Murphy's driveway, seeing that Alana had done so as well. The garland and wreaths seemed to welcome Evan into the familiar home.

"Hi babe." Connor placed a kiss on Evan's soft lips.

Evan slid his gift under the tree with the others. Alana was already sitting with Zoe, hands interwoven as they snuggled up to keep warm. Connor claimed his spot in Evan's lap on the other side of the couch, curling into his chest and closing the gap between them.

"PDA! PDA!" Zoe screamed, throwing a pillow at the couple.

"Oh shut up!" Connor giggled, throwing one back to her.

"It's gross!" She covered her eyes and gagged.

"Like how I saw you and Alana making out in your room the other day? You're lucky I didn't scream pda."

"That was different!"

"How?"

"I didn't know you were home!" She blushed, turning away from her brother.

Heads turned as the door opened, revealing Jared with his gift.

"Hey bitches." He slid his present under the tree.

After a few minutes of small talk, they decided to open their gifts.

"I'll go first!" Alana cheers, handing her gift to Jared. "Merry Christmas, Jared."

Jared tore open the wrappings to find that Alana had gotten him the new Apocalypse of the Damn game and a homemade t-shirt.

"Wow, Alana, this game is like almost impossible to get, thank you." He tried to focus on the game and not the shirt.

"Oh your welcome, Jared. You wanna put on the shirt don't you?" He nodded and ran out of the room and came back with the shirt, reading 'The Insanely gay Jared Kleinman.'

"Wow, did you make that?" Alana nodded.

"Alright, I picked Zoe so here." He handed her a bag with teal tissue paper peeking out from the top.

She scattered the tissue around the room like a kid and pulled out a book of Broadway showtunes and how to play them on her guitar.

"Holy crap, Jared, you actually give good gifts. I love it, thank you."

"Wow, at least have some faith in me. Just because I'm an ass doesn't mean I can't be a good friend some times."

"I'll go next." Connor handed a brightly wrapped box to Alana. "I guess I kind of had an advantage because you're my sisters girlfriend so, Merry Christmas."

Alana smiled and took out her gift. Connor had gotten her a box of hot chocolate and the new book series she'd been rambling on and on about.

"Oh my gosh Connor, this is amazing! Thank you so much!"

Connor let a smile spread across his face. Zoe took her turn and handed Evan a bag, which contained a pride planter and a book of 1,001 tree facts.

"Sorry, I couldn't resist getting the book, it was too perfect." She giggled.

Evan thanked her and gave his present to Connor, whose jaw fell to the floor as he unveiled it.

"What? Did he get you like a tree costume or something?" Jared asked, earning a smack from the younger Murphy sibling.

Zoe grabbed the gift out of her brothers hands. "Wow, holy crap Ev. This is a really nice thing, Connor."

"For the love of god, Zoe, what is it?"

"It's umm, an art set. It's got paints, charcoal, oil pastels, colored pencils and paint pens. And then there's the usual stuff like sharpeners, brushes and paint pallets."

"Baby, thank you." Connor hugged his boyfriend tightly. "You didn't spend too much on this, did you? How many paychecks did you use?"

"Not many, only like four." Evan had gotten a job at Pottery Barn and had been working to help Heidi. Connor gave him the 'you shouldn't have done that' look, but smiled. Evan knew that he didn't have to get him that, so there was no use arguing about it.

"Alright, Ev, you wanna help me make cocoa?" The three cheered as Connor helped Evan to his feet, but instead of grabbing the box of the sweet chocolate drink, he grabbed a box wrapped in silver. "Merry Christmas, love."

He unwrapped the box to find an ornament with a picture inside of the two watching the sunset at the orchard, and engraved on the bottom was 'Connor x Evan, 2018-infinity.' Evan felt his heart flutter at the sight.

"I love it. Merry Christmas, Connie." He stood on his tippy toes and reached up to pull him into a kiss, leaving boys to wish that they could stay like that for forever.