Teacher AU!

"Alright, guys, wash your paintbrushes and dump them in the sink. You can head out once you're all cleaned up,"

Connor watched the kids scamper out of their seats with their materials in hand and wait in line to wash the paint stains off their hands and place their brushes in the cups.

He loved his job. Watching the high schoolers draw and create to their heart's content made him overjoyed to see that there were people out there that loved art as much as he did himself.

"Willow, could you just come to see me real quick before you leave? You're not in trouble,"

Ignoring the few teen boys who let out a string of "ooo's" behind her, the young girl walked up to Connor. "Yes, Mr. Murphy?"

"Willow, your work is beautiful. I wanted to know if you'd like to have your projects in the showcase this semester,"

Connor watched her face light up with pure joy, nodding rapidly and smiling. "That- That would be amazing, thank you so much!" The girl quickly wrapped her teacher in a hug, thanking him once again before turning towards the door, but not before she said hello to Mr. Hansen, who was standing silently in the doorway.

Once Willow was out of the room and down the hall, Connor narrowed his eyes towards where Evan was standing and gestured him to make his way over. "Hi, love," Connor smiled, pulling the other male into a greeting kiss.

Evan smiled as he took his lips off Connor's. A stack of papers placed a few feet beside him on his fiancé's desk caught his eye, prompting him to ask Connor about it.

"What are all these?"

"Oh," his cheeks reddened, trying quickly to clean them up, "they're just sketch ideas for the kids next project,"

Evan snatched the pieces from Connor's hands, flipping through the art and complimenting him on each one. Then, he tossed them to the side and hoisted himself up onto the desk while his lover pulled over his chair and sat in front of Evan.

"I heard you gave Austin shit for something he did in your second period and gave him detention,"

"Yeah," Connor snickered, "the kid kept drawing dicks on the desk, you would think he was raised by Jared,"

Evan laughed and scooted closer to his fiancé, dragging his messenger bag by the strap along with him. He pulled the bag into his lap and unzipped it, sticking his hand in and fishing around for a stack of papers he had taken from his classroom.

He grabbed ahold of the papers and threw them into Connor's lap, gesturing for him to skim through the graded work. As he read through the first one, he burst into laughter, looking towards Evan, who was having trouble containing his amusement as well.

"Oh my fucking god," Connor wiped his eyes, "Is this real?"

"Yeah, it's real! I had my honors kids do a short story assignment and pretty much all of them wrote fanfiction about us. You see, this is why I didn't want to tell them about us,"

"I didn't tell them about us," Connor blinked, taken aback slightly.

Both men but down on their lips, trying their hardest not to let a giggle slip, knowing once they started up again they couldn't stop, though it was no use. The two couldn't contain their amusement once the realization hit them. "Oh my god, kids are shipping us..."

Connor grabbed the rest of the homework assignments from his lover's hand and flipped through them, reading each one aloud and causing more laughter to strike up. Each one was more ridiculous than the other; using popular fanfiction tropes such as hanahaki disease, soulmate tattoos, coffee shop au, and even the One-Bed-Two-People trope.

By the third story, Connor couldn't breathe. He was doubled over in his chair, clutching his stomach and gasping as he tried to stop laughing.

"Wait- Wait, listen to this one: 'Evan knew the thing between him and Connor was supposed to be a fake relationship, just believable enough to show off to Evan's mother, but what if... what if it was more than that? What if the feelings... we're real?' This was written by Nova, wasn't it? It seems like something they'd write,"

"Yeah, they made theirs really gay. No surprise there though, they did wear a pride flag as a cape when they walked into school the other day,"

They read through a few more works Evan's students had turned in, chuckling harder at each one. After a few minutes, he set the papers on his desk to the side and rolled closer to Evan, taking his hand in his and planting a kiss on his knuckles, causing the shorter man to blush.

"I love having planning periods with you,"

"So do I, my love," Connor grinned, "so do I,"

Hey everyone! Just want to let you humans know that I will not be updating that day since it'll be my birthday and I'll probably take a day off. I hope you liked today's oneshot and I love all of you so much!! ❤️