Rings

Me? Doing another proposal fic? It's more likely than you think

Me? Doing another proposal fic? It's more likely than you think. But seriously, I'm sorry I just really love them.

As the glass metal door slowly swung open, the bell above started to softly ring, signifying that a customer had entered the shop.

A short, dark-haired woman stood behind the counter and held her index finger up in the air, asking the person who had walked in to wait a moment as she finished up with the customer she was currently on the phone with.

A few moments passed, and the girl set the cellphone down and smiled ahead, eyes sparkling at the man who was standing just a few feet away from her glass countertop.

"Hi, Evan!"

"Hey there, Christine," Evan grinned.

"What can I do for you today, Ev?" She asked, shortly gasping after asking her question, "did you propose to Connor yet?"

"Actually, Chrissy," he darted his eyes away from her line of sight, "that's kind of- um... that's kind of the reason I'm here,"

Evan stuck his hand in his coat pocket and fished out a red velvet box with gold lining, placing it on the see-through counter.

"I need to return this ring,"

As Christine laid eyes on the object in front of her, her usually cheery smile drooped down into a disappointed frown.

"Oh, honey, I'm... I'm so sorry. If you don't mind me asking, did he say no? Are you two broken up?" Evan remained silent, letting his eyes water and a slight smirk cover his face. "Evan, I'm sor-"

"Don't be, Chrissy, there's no reason to be sorry, we didn't break up."

"What do you mean? If you're returning your ring, something obviously went wrong, so he either said no, or you two broke up, and my heart can't handle either of those things right now."

Evan could barely explain what he had meant when he said that they were still together, he was blushing furiously and giggling like a child to the memory that was still freshly burned into his mind.

It had happened just two days prior. The two had gone out to a nice restaurant, not too crowded or large, something both of them could handle, and then a trip to the botanical gardens, which Connor had rented out so it was just for the two of them.

At night, the gardens were brightly lit with neon and fluorescent spotlights, and they were most vibrant in the waterfall room, where all of the beautiful tropical and water flowers were; the perfect place to pop an important question.

"No, I'm returning the- returning the ring because Connor proposed first the other day, two days ago to be exact," he held his hand out in front of Christine.

Christine couldn't contain her excitement after hearing Evan's statement; she scrunched up her face, squealed, flapped her hands around, and jumped up and down. She ran out from behind the counter and rushed up to Evan, wrapping her arms around him and squeezing him as tight as she could.

"Oh my gosh, Evan, I'm so happy for you! I can't believe you're getting married!"

"I can't believe it either,"

"Wait," she detached herself from the boy, "have you told anyone yet? Does your brother know?"

He chuckled at her enthusiasm. "Well, we've told my mom and we've told his parents and Zoe, no one else knows yet,"

"Can I tell your brother? Please!" Christine dragged out the end of the word.

"Sure, bring him out heere",

Screeching in her high-pitched voice once more, she sprinted away as fast as she could, screaming as she made her way into the back room, where Jeremy had been working for the past hour.

"Jeremiah William Heere, get your ass over heere, your brother is getting married!"

Hello humans! This was a little short, sorry about that, but this was super fluffy, so be thankful for that. I hope you all enjoyed this oneshot and I love you all so so much!! ❤️