Connor and Zoe

I swear this isn't incest, it's just sibling bonding. (Or is it?)

The Murphy house was silent, except for the faint sound of music coming from Connor's headphones.

Mrs. Murphy had taken advantage of the fact that she didn't work and went out of town with her friends to a fancy yoga retreat. Larry, being the only one that had a job in the family, was stuck at the office, and Zoe was no where to be found, that was until she marched through the door and slammed it behind her.

"Jesus Christ, Zoe," he shrieked, "what are you-"

"Just fuck off, Connor!" She roared. Her eyes glazed over with tears as she stormed to her room.

Connor was stunned. He had never seen his sister so upset. He was usually the one screaming, he was the one slammed door, not Zoe.

He threw down his headphones and raced up the stairs, his mind ran at a million miles a second. Yes, he had been a horrible person in the past, but he promised Zoe that he would get better and that she would have the big brother she used to have, and he needed to know she was okay.

"Zoe," he knocked, "can you let me in please?" The door opened not a second later as Zoe ran into her brother's arms. "Zoe, what's wrong, you're scaring me."

"They dumped me," she whispered, "Jamie found out about my crush on Alana and they dumped me." Connors heart broke at the state of his sister.

"Oh, Zo..." He placed a kiss on top of her head. "Hey, why don't you put something comfy on and I'll be back, okay?" She nodded.

He flew down to the kitchen and grabbed the proper essentials for a break up; Cookies and Cream ice cream and tissues. He attempted to balance the items as he made his way back up to Zoe's room.

Zoe had changed into her creeps sweatshirt, which was about two sizes to big, grey sweatpants and tied her hair into a messy bun. He crawled under the blankets and handed Zoe her spoon.

"How about some John Mulaney?" She nodded, wiping her baby blue eyes.

Zoe leaned her head on her brothers shoulder, and giggled as he kissed her temple.

"Hey, Zo, you want to know something that'll cheer you up?" He asked in between bites.

"What?"

Connor grinned. "Alana likes you too."

"No she doesn't."

"Christ, Zoe, are you fucking blind? That dorky little Ace is in love with you." Zoe blushed and turned away.

The two were quiet after that and shifted their attention to the comedy special they had been playing. Connor knew that Zoe could get through this, and Zoe knew that Connor had kept his promise to her.

"I love you, Connor."

Connors eyes widened. While they had grown closer together over time, it still surprised him every time she told him how she felt. It felt too good to be true, but yet, it was in fact his reality.

"I love you too, Zo, I love you too."