Artie

Brittany's POV:

After San found me in the bathroom, we seemed to have made up. There was still a little tension between us but she apologised for upsetting me and held me while I cried. We are ok now, I think anyway.

When she held out her pinky for me to take I didn't know what to do. I mean, of course, I wanted us to be back together again but I froze. I just got lost in her deep brown eyes. There was so much fear in them, she was afraid that I would say no.

After we had hugged for a few minutes, we left for Spanish- we were already about 10 minutes late. I knew that San hated Spanish because she was fluent already and Schue wasn't the best teacher, but she is usually quite punctual so when she stopped I was really confused. We locked eyes and I knew that she was debating something. The few seconds we stood in silence felt like forever, but when she finally moved I was left in shock. Santana, the one who claimed that she felt no romantic feelings towards me, kissed me! What. The. Hell.

~~~~~

In Spanish, I was sat next to Quinn. I thought that it would be the perfect time to ask her to do the duet with me, so when Mr Schue stopped talking about how sad his life is, and he gave us an assignment to do, I started the conversation. I just hope she says yes.

"Hey, Q," I started, it was quite awkward because we never really speak without San or anyone else there.

"Hey, B, you ok?" She asked with a smile. I could tell by the look in her eyes that she was a bit confused but ultimately not displeased with me starting the conversation.

"Yeah I'm good. Have you got a partner for the Glee assignment yet?"

"Uh... Sam asked me to meet him in the classroom down the hall during free period, something about Kurt bailing and wanting me to do it with him. I'm not 100% sure that I am doing it with him, but for some reason Finn and Rachel really want us to do it together- it is probably worth it to just get them off my back. Why?"

My heart sunk a little knowing that it meant that my only choice now was Artie and if he said no then I would have to face Mr Schue and tell him that I cannot do the assignment. "I was just wondering if you wanted to do it with me, but it's ok, you do it with Sarah," I sighed.

I looked up to see her stifling a laugh, "It's Sam, B," she giggled. I just shrugged and worked on my Spanish assignment before the bell rang. I messaged Artie to meet me and it took a few minutes for him to respond. I used to think that he could respond automatically because the signals would be sent to his brain or something, but like San says, he's not a robot.

To Artie:
Hey Artie, can you meet me to talk about Glee now?

From Artie:
...Sure? Where?

To Artie:
Under the bleachers?

From Artie:
Ok, see you in a minute.

Me and Artie never talk, and he did seem a bit confused, I just hope I don't have to beg. I make my way to the bleachers and notice that he is already there on his phone.

"Hey Artie," I said smiling,

"Hey Britt, what do you want?" he asked, a bit of annoyance in his voice, but I don't think it is for me.

"I was just wondering if you had a duet partner for Schue's assignment yet?"

"Nope. Because Tina decided that she wanted to make out with her lovely boyfriend instead of work on a duet together. Clearly abandoning our musical chemistry, just like our relationship!" He half snapped, half sighed.