Back In The Basement

Santana's POV:

"You know you can drink tonight if you want, Babe," Britt told me and I shook my head adamantly. We had left our parents around two hours ago, and were now looking for some clothes to wear tonight. It was informal, so we could pretty much turn up in pyjamas and they wouldn't think anything of it, but I will never turn down an opportunity to shop.

"Nope. I want to be with you today, completely. You know? If I was drinking, I either wouldn't remember it, or I would end up being hysteric again. I don't want that for us. You have dealt with me at my lowest, and I don't ever want you to have to do that again." I told her with a smile which faltered a little when I mentioned what happened, but she was quick to pull me into a hug.

Britt and I have never, or at least since we have been out, had a problem with showing affection in public. That is one of the things that I love about her- the way that she can make me feel like there is no one else in the world but she and I, even when everyone else is right there. She shows me every single day that no one knows us like we do, that we are all we need. I feel better whenever I am with her, no one is like she is.

"Baby, if that were to happen again, I would happily take care of you. That's what we do, we look after each other when we need it because we love each other." I wish I could believe her. I mean, I do, but that wasn't anything close to how I used to be. Last time, I was in deep. This time, it was just a stupid mistake which was so much easier to rectify when I put the work in. If she saw the way I used to be, I know that she would leave me- maybe it wouldn't even be consciously or physically, but she would pull away because it hurt too much.

"I love you," I smiled, "and you can drink too. I know we told our parents that we weren't going to, but it isn't like you'd get drunk drunk."

"I know, Babe," she shrugged, "but that's okay. I'd rather spend time with you, watching you pretend to judge everyone, when you are really wondering how you got so lucky that you have them-" how does she know I do that? "And, well, we both know that you are going to be thinking about a few other things while we are there," she winked and I groaned at her words.

"Why do you have to be such a tease?" I whined, a small smile playing at my lips. She just shrugged innocently and went back to looking at the clothes in front of her. We had decided that we would each choose clothes for the other, so I am currently looking for something with either cats, unicorns or rainbows- all three would be the best thing for her.

"Hey Babe," she smirked and I rolled my eyes playfully at the dramatic pause, "you wanna wear this tonight?" She pulled out a bright yellow duck hoodie. My eyes widened at the sight and how comfortable it actually looked. "Holy shit, you actually do," she laughed and I shot her a soft glare.

"Nope. Never." I said while smiling and pulled out a leather jacket with some kind of sexist lettering on it, "what about this one?" I matched her previous smirk when her face looked like it didn't know what to do. I burst out laughing at the half forced smile and half glare she wore. How does she manage to be cute with everything she does? I swear that it is some kind of super power.

"I really hope that you're not being serious right now, San," she feigned annoyance, but I could tell that she was enjoying this.

"Okay, Babe, you look over there and I will be here. We can make it a surprise, yeah?" She nodded and pressed her lips to mine quickly before walking away with a determined look on her face. I watched her for a while before realising that we didn't have much time and I needed to find her the perfect thing.

I spent a while looking before I found the most perfect thing. I quickly grabbed it, saying goodbye to the duck hoodie for the last time, and joined the queue. After a minute or so, felt someone grab onto my shoulders. I would have gone all Lima Heights, had I not recognised the presence of the person behind me. I turned around slowly, hiding the things I was about to pay for, and rolled onto my toes so that I could press a soft kiss to her cheek.