(Lopez-) Pierce Traditions

Santana's POV:

I assume that no one would believe me if I said that today started in the exact same way as it did this time last year, but it was identical.

I woke up without Britt's arms around me, but I knew she was there from the excited sounds and 'shush' noises coming from the two children who I assumed were on the floor.

"Ashley, quiet!" Britt whisper-shouted. "Tana is still asleep." I smiled at her considering me, but I think that gave me away. "Or so I thought... San?"

"Mhm?" I hummed, my eyes slowly opening. Britt was wearing the biggest smile, and it almost made being awake at 5am worth it. "Merry Christmas, Ashley. Merry Christmas, Britt-Britt."

"Merry Christmas, Babe," she kissed me quickly- I know that she will be more passionate later, but she is holding herself back because of her sister- and she handed me a cup of coffee. "Here you go," I could only smile. It's not even just how well she knows me, it's the way that I am feeling some form of deja vu. Even if things don't go as planned, I just know that this day is going to be amazing.

"Tana! You're awake, finally!" Ashley cheered, and I laughed a little. "It's Christmas!" I nodded at her enthusiasm and drank about half of my coffee before joining in with their conversation. Don't judge me, this is my girlfriend's favourite day of the year, and I need to be awake so that I can be just as excited as she is. It's important to her, so I need to make it important to me. "Can we go see what Santa got us?" Ash was being so polite, but I could tell that it was just a front to get us to say yes.

"Can we?" Britt asked, and I was suddenly faced with the hardest battle anyone has ever had to be in- one whipped as fuck person against two sets of the puppy dog eyes and pout that I am so defenceless against.

"I-" What do I say? They (mostly Britt) are adorable, and I can never say no to that look. But then I remembered something that B said last year- thank you, Santa. "Fine." They started to celebrate, but I gave them a stern, mom-like look, and they stopped. "But you are only allowed your stockings until your mom and dad are awake. Okay?" They both nodded before edging towards the door. "Go on then," I laughed and Ashley bolted downstairs. Britt went to join her, but I grabbed onto her wrist to stop her. "Not so fast."

"What?"

"That was mean," I pouted, "You know I can't resist the pout," I pushed her up against the wall and pressed my lips to hers. "Merry Christmas, Baby."

"M-Merry Christmas."

"Come on, presents!" I laughed at how taken aback she was and pulled her downstairs.

~~~~~

We were just finishing opening presents- I was already done because Whitney and Pierce go all out. That isn't to say that my mom is stingy or anything, it's just that most of my presents were smaller but worth more. I wasn't expecting anything- she has stuck with me through everything and is working crazy hours to pay for my therapy- but she never disappoints.

Since I was finished, I was just watching Britt open hers. She was so careful with the wrapping and would always shake the presents, examining them, to see if she could guess what was inside.

The one which she was currently handling was, I'm sure, the puzzle that I have been waiting for. It is one of the things which I know they always get- it's one of their traditions that she and Ashley complete it together.

She unwrapped it with care and pulled it out.

"That is creepy as fu-" I started before realising that I can't exactly curse in front of Ashley or our parents. "Fun." I corrected. "It's as creepy as it will be fun to do... I'm not helping myself, am I, Babe?" I whispered the last part to Britt and she shook her head. Usually, I wouldn't comment on anything that was a gift, but it was a picture of Britt and I as a jigsaw. Seeing us that big and in pieces was so weird.