At The Top Of The World

A/N: Okay, I'm sorry. I have never been to NY and I have tried to do research, but I can't really describe somewhere that I have never been. That's also why there are only a few of these NY chapters and they have been less detailed. I thought it would be a good idea, but my knowledge is really limited. That being said, thank you so much to @scartissueee who has pretty much been my main source of reliable information. Also, I'm sorry if this stuff isn't accurate or anything- I've had to watch really old YouTube videos to try and work out what certain places were like in 2011/2012... YouTube really has come a long way since then, looking at how it used to be was painful.

_____

Brittany's POV:

Today, it's Santana's turn to plan. After the first day, she insisted that I let her assist with organising how our days will be spent, and I went along with it because I wanted my sweet lady kisses.

At first, I started to regret it because I was supposed to be doing this for her. I kept telling myself that I need to work out a way to resist Santana, but I'm glad she convinced me. Every time that we have done something that she planned, we have had so much fun. For someone who claims not to know this place well, she seems to know all the best places to go.

We leave tomorrow, and it's honestly really sad. We've almost created our own lives here, even if it's only been two weeks.

"I'm going to miss this," San whispered sleepily, shuffling closer to me so that her head was on my chest.

"What?"

"Waking up next to you every day,"

"I think we both know that we're still going to be together, even if we're not in New York."

"Yeah, but we have no responsibilities here... and no family in the next room who will hear us if we try anything." I laughed a little at the last part.

"Yeah, but that doesn't usually stop us,"

"I'm going to hold you to that," she joked. I pressed a kiss to the top of her head and tightened my hold on her.

"Where are we going today?" Unlike me, she isn't always completely secretive with her plans.

"Well, I thought that we could go to the Empire State Building first-"

"Wait, really?" I cut her off. "What about your fear of heights?" It is probably one of the biggest attractions of New York, and I would have taken her before, but I thought she would hate it because it goes so high.

"I hate them, we both know that, but it's one thing that everybody has to do when they come here. Besides, I figured I owed you a romantic moment after freaking out at the top of the Ferris Wheel that time."

"Oh what?" I smirked. "You mean when you threatened to go all Lima Heights on the operator instead of kissing me?"

"Be quiet before I change my mind." She huffed.

"I love you,"

"That's good, because I kind of love you too."

"Are you sure you're going to be okay going up so high? I mean, it's like 102 stories..."

"We'll find out when I'm up there," she joked. "We don't have to go yet, do we?" She asked quietly.

"What do you mean?"

"Can we just lay here like this for a bit more?" I love moments like this- we're late going places, but not because we're having sex, it's because we just want to enjoy the closeness. Obviously, the other reason is amazing too, but this is the soft side of Santana that no one but me gets to see.